Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X coming in with 3 Motor design?!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi Guys,

Just found a video posted by a popular Tesla YT channel, which shares that a refreshed model x with 3 motors and a range of 400 miles may be around the horizon.

Why I think that it may be a possibility :

1. Reduction in prices of existing models to make room for new model with 3 motors
2. Taking away models other than 100 kw battery to bring in simplicity
3. Bringing in free supercharging to bring in excitement to sell as many existing models as they can

Have a look at the video and please share your thoughts:

From Kim's blog:
I think it would be silly to expect him to say otherwise as he’s not going to kill demand by coming out and saying yes a refresh coming later this year. Teslas stance has always been we don’t do “refreshes” and just do ongoing minor changes

That's the false assumption in the blog post. Elon didn't have to say anything. He could have said nothing (with respect to a MS/MX refresh).

But the "a refresh is coming!!" chorus was reaching a fever pitch (as it has been for three years now), so I think he wanted to just let people know that (based on Tesla's definition) there is no major refresh coming.

If a refresh was imminent, he could have just said nothing and that would not have "killed demand".