Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A little disappointed with the look of the 5 seat config. The profile view of the seats isn't as nice, and the switch from a monopolist to a V post makes the whole rear seat ordinary looking when FWD are open. Thoughts?

I do not actually think it is a V-post. Looks more like a (double?) N-post for each seat? With space in the middle for your small items under the seat. I guess this configuration might be to accommodate crash requirements with the folding back/seat belt. Or just a cost-cutting measure?

What are odd are the remnants of the monopost recessions on the floor. I guess that still leaves the possibility that (like the third row vents that apparently should not be there) the configurator imagery is not yet fully accurate under those seats and some details may still change.

Certainly one would have thought some plastic skirting to cover the mundane base would have been preferable in the bench configuration? After all, the front seats customarily hide the rails they sit on from side view with the shiny plastic on the side. Unless those N-posts look better in person than they do in that image. They look rather industrial (and not in a terribly good way) in this picture.

model_x_folding_seats.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Fiddler and beths11
No one has created a November deliveries thread, but this is not that thread. I want to follow the first (and following) five seat deliveries. I believe there are several with VIN and Nov/Dec delivery dates. I look forward to sharing your long awaited arrivals (as I continue to wait for mine).
My 5 seater just entered the production queue. Supposed to arrive in Dec/early January. Glad I waited! The folder seats will give me more storage options.

I do not actually think it is a V-post. Looks more like a (double?) N-post for each seat? With space in the middle for your small items under the seat. I guess this configuration might be to accommodate crash requirements with the folding back/seat belt. Or just a cost-cutting measure?

What are odd are the remnants of the monopost recessions on the floor. I guess that still leaves the possibility that (like the third row vents that apparently should not be there) the configurator imagery is not yet fully accurate under those seats and some details may still change.

Certainly one would have thought some plastic skirting to cover the mundane base would have been preferable in the bench configuration? After all, the front seats customarily hide the rails they sit on from side view with the shiny plastic on the side. Unless those N-posts look better in person than they do in that image. They look rather industrial (and not in a terribly good way) in this picture.

View attachment 201394

Thanks for the photoshop! To me, the N posts and the profile view of the seats now look clumsy, unlike the elegant looking 6 seat configuration. I'm a little apprehensive about my car that is coming in January.

Thanks for the photoshop! To me, the N posts and the profile view of the seats now look clumsy, unlike the elegant looking 6 seat configuration. I'm a little apprehensive about my car that is coming in January.
I would get the "elegant" 6 seat solution then. We cry, cry, cry for a folding seat for more space in the 5 seat model and when we get it we complain that the seat posts aren't elegant enough? I really hope you were joking.

• Funny
Reactions: GSP and MP3Mike
I never cried for the 5 seat model. I'm just commenting on the design.
I said "we"(the general, five seat, forum group) cry not "you". I have no idea what your feeling was with the monopost/non folding seat design. The vast majority of 5 seat posters, for the last 13months, have been complaining regarding the lack of a 5 model with a folding seat. My apologies if you were not one of them. I see now that you have been on the forum for a bit over two months, so you haven't been exposed to all the earlier posts regarding non folding seats.

Reactions: Kam262951
Go to custom order and shows 5 seat bench fold flat with no delivery wait

A new version of the owner's manual just showed up in "My Tesla". Here's all I could find:
Adjusting Second Row Bench Seats A Model X equipped with bench seats can accommodate up to three passengers in the second row. Use the mechanical adjustment lever located at each outboard seating position to fold or recline the seatbacks. The bench seat is split 60/40 so the adjustment lever on the left side moves the seatbacks for both the left and center seats (whereas the lever on the right moves the rightmost seatback only). While pulling and holding the lever, move th

I guess there it is still the possibility that Tesla's Q3 notes mentioning new seating "variants" could mean some other new option coming along a bit later.

However, as things stand, I must say the missed opportunity on a vastly more spacious five seater rear seat (e.g. by being able to move it backwards) is a bit disappointing. I would have hoped to increased legroom for example in this configuration. Making the bench move backwards and forwards like on Audi Q5 could have been the trick...

Especially when combined with the understructure going from sleek monopoles to double N posts (or something to that effect) that remain visible but not terribly appealing. Some glossy side-skirting would probably have been more welcome to better match the front seats...

No one has created a November deliveries thread, but this is not that thread. I want to follow the first (and following) five seat deliveries. I believe there are several with VIN and Nov/Dec delivery dates. I look forward to sharing your long awaited arrivals (as I continue to wait for mine).
See my info below.
I would guess you have to take delivery in 2016 to qualify for the Federal tax credit in 2016 Tax filings. True?

Model X 60D White 5 Seat. Ordered 9/11/2016, Smart Air Susp. Upgrade 10/17/2016, VIN assigned 1/18/2016, Scheduled for production latter part of November 2016, Delivery on or about 12/12/2016

Here's some interesting news: the first remarks in the My Tesla page under "What's Next?" were changed to "Your Tesla is in production."
as of last Friday, Nov. 11.
Do I have any idea whatsoever about the length of time between when the phrase "Your Tesla is in production" appears and when the actual 5 seat Model X I ordered is in front of me up there in Fremont waiting for me to drive off? No, I do not. Ah, the mysteries.

With five-seaters appearing in Tesla inventory, a larger view of the five-seater has become available, as is customary in order views/emails that show a bit wider views of the interior configuration... Below is a lighted up version of that.

This still looks like a photoshop - most tellingly the the third row is just edited out (and shows the vent) instead of the ventless/compartmentalized trunk area we know should be there, so hard to say how accurate or inaccurate it is.

Interestingly this image also shows some (remnants?) of a track for the bench to sit on, as if there was a plan to make it move forwards and backwards at some point - if so, that seems to have been an idea that was nixed according to the latest Model X user manual.

model_x_five_seater_lighted_up.jpg

Hey Beth, new to

the forum and waiting for my X due in March 17 in UK right hand drive. Not a lot of info here though. Was wondering how you get you car status in the bottom bar under your post?? Thanks for help and sorry for being thick

From the top right click the "person image", the small profile icon, and select Signature under that from the menu that opens. There you can edit the bottom bar, which is your Signature.