Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Window Tinting

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Photosync 35% all around (no windshield or pano) by Auto Image in Barrington, IL. I'll grab some pictures in direct sunlight in a bit.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    274 KB · Views: 741
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    327.7 KB · Views: 729
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 728
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    297.3 KB · Views: 718
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    202.2 KB · Views: 715
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    234.8 KB · Views: 731
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    212.1 KB · Views: 731
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    270 KB · Views: 722
Photosync 35% all around (no windshield or pano) by Auto Image in Barrington, IL. I'll grab some pictures in direct sunlight in a bit.

I love you so much right now. I have the same exact car considering the same exact tint and was contemplating a darker tint not photo sync, but yours looks fantastic and I will go forward with mine as well.

Thank you for posting this!!!

I am still considering blacking out the window trim but with the tint alone it completely changes the car and may stick with it.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg
I love you so much right now. I have the same exact car considering the same exact tint and was contemplating a darker tint not photo sync, but yours looks fantastic and I will go forward with mine as well.

Thank you for posting this!!!

I am still considering blacking out the window trim but with the tint alone it completely changes the car and may stick with it.
If you love me now, you're gonna "throw me the ring" when I come with the sunshine pix! :cool:

image.jpeg
Picked up Tesla on Tuesday. After reviewing a lot of the posts on this thread, I went with Photosynch and had Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos install. They did a great job. No signs of bubbles or streaks. Bing is the owner - cool guy (no, he didn't request that I put in a good word for them).

I'm noticing that discussing window tint is like debating politics or religion and it's ultimately a personal choice. I'm happy with Photosynch so far.

Reactions: Lodo1000
I can pretty much guarantee you that won't be getting Photosync or any ceramic tint, at which point, you are mostly just getting light-blocking and not much heat rejection. Your money would be better spent getting even a "cheap" ceramic tint vs. a standard.

That is correct. All window films at this price uses cheap dyes that will bubble and fade in a short amount of time. Prestige Film Technologies, the manufacturer of Spectra PhotoSync also makes a pure ceramic film called CeraLuxe Quantum Ceramic, which is about 20%-25% less than PhotoSync, but still outperforms 3m and Huper. For those on a tighter budget, we would recommend this product as it has the 2nd highest heat rejecting specs.

View attachment 193786 Picked up Tesla on Tuesday. After reviewing a lot of the posts on this thread, I went with Photosynch and had Extreme Autowerks in Cerritos install. They did a great job. No signs of bubbles or streaks. Bing is the owner - cool guy (no, he didn't request that I put in a good word for them).

I'm noticing that discussing window tint is like debating politics or religion and it's ultimately a personal choice. I'm happy with Photosynch so far.

Extreme Autowerks has been a Photosync Dealer for many years, so if you are in the area Cerritos area, do contact him. A bit south of them is Adonis Detail in Vista, CA that is both a Ceraluxe and PhotoSync Dealer. All quality installers.

After about 3 weeks of reading thru a lot of the online posts and doing my own research (yes visiting different tint shops), I'm planning on putting Huper Optik Ceramic 30 on my windows & c70 on my windshield & pano. I would have gone with photosync, but (for me) it just doesn't justify double the cost for roughly 8-10 percent more TSER (63 vs 73). Huper Optik has been out for over 12+ years and is used in both commercial, residential and auto applications. They provide lifetime warranty on tint and labor. If you are in the DFW area, I can let you know after I have it installed on my model S P85+.

I had Huper installed at Pro Tint in Plano. Great price. If you go back up thread you'll see that I did have bubbles for about 4 weeks after the install, which was in the dead of summer. It looks perfect now, but I was worried about it for a while.