Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Weekend at Santana Row Video & Photo Links

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Model S in silver (I have a few more shots...post here or in separate thread?)

_MG_0852.jpg

(Click photo to enlarge)

Last edited:
The prototype had 8.9" of clearance, as measured approximately equidistant between the front and rear tire.

The 2012 Subaru Outback ground clearance numbers are coincidentally 8.9" The new Subaru Outback has more clearance than previous years and does an adequate job in the deeper snow and mud ruts during this time of year on the dirt roads. I hope they maintain this clearance as a minimum. I know the air suspension and such can raise it, but that only works at low speeds. Plus wouldn't it be nice to not need it?

The 2012 Subaru Outback ground clearance numbers are coincidentally 8.9" The new Subaru Outback has more clearance than previous years and does an adequate job in the deeper snow and mud ruts during this time of year on the dirt roads. I hope they maintain this clearance as a minimum. I know the air suspension and such can raise it, but that only works at low speeds. Plus wouldn't it be nice to not need it?

If the snow is that deep, you surely will be driving at low speed anyway!

Now that you've seen it in action, do you think it's worth getting? I'm in Texas so would probably really only use it in the winter.

I love the glass panoramic sunroof -- I also love convertibles. I'm in sunny Northern California, so I'm waiting to see it with the fabric sunshade before I commit to it, because my wife is concerned about extra solar radiation aging her skin (face). (I only drive my ICE convertible top-down when she's not in the car.) Most importantly, I have to make sure my 5' 11" son will have enough headroom in the back seat with the final head rests! If that shade is anything like the one in the 2012 ML 350 bluetec I saw last week, and son's headroom is OK, then I'm definitely ordering with the glass pano roof.

This is the second part of my chat with George Blankenship. I switched to my wife's iPhone 4 after the Sony Bloggie battery died. My camera work is awful, but at least you can hear what George says better on the iPhone:

http://youtu.be/LN52Lfkxc7M?hd=1

Not much here... In the beginning, he's talking to another Tesla employee about which future Model S' to put where in the garage: "white, then the performance, then black interior with red piping". The only questions here are @ 2:05 about increasing max. speed on range estimator to 75 mph; @ 3:10 about high contrast tan - black interior; "I'm about making people smile. The designers and the engineers make the car handle well enough that when I get in it it makes me smile." @ 4:00 about the chrome stripe under the doors. @ 4:40 G.B. mentions the console again. After 6 mins. Franz H. called him on his cell and he had to go to take the call.

This is the second part of my chat with George Blankenship. I switched to my wife's iPhone 4 after the Sony Bloggie battery died. My camera work is awful, but at least you can hear what George says better on the iPhone

Thanks for asking about the light interior not once, but twice. George definitely shot down the product manager and said it was strictly a choice of design. Obviously they benefit from a supply chain and cost efficiency, so I can't imagine that didn't influence their decision at all. They had certain cost targets and likely tried to come up with a design solution that they were happy with while working within that budget.