Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S subsite and design studio being updated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am pretty sure Amazon prices it as low as their actual costs are (perhaps lower), and sell with volume. And charge the supplier per unit, not the customer.

Not sure we're talking about the same thing. I'm talking about the fees that Amazon charges to the merchant to store, handle, and ship on behalf of the merchant. For these items, Amazon charges their standard shipping fees to the buyer (including free shipping with Prime), and makes up that cost by charging the merchant (and the merchant may fold that cost into the selling price, of course).

Here's their pricing:

Boost your sales with Amazons world-class fulfillment.

plus this:

Pricing Plans for Selling on Amazon

There's an example at the bottom of the page from the second link. It looks like there's a 15% commission charged for electronics accessories, and 12% for automotive accessories, if the order is placed through Amazon.com. It looks like fulfillment would be a couple dollars on top of that. Or if the order is not placed through Amazon.com, they would charge $5.95 assuming standard shipping up to 15 pounds, plus a small monthly fee for storage ($0.45-$0.60 per month per cubic foot of storage).

I do not have a Tesla Store nearby (nearest Service Center is on Columbus, OH, 140 miles away), so can someone who does tell me if these adaptors (and other accessories sold through the online Tesla Shop) are sold at the physical stores and/or service centers?

The Columbus Service Center will order it for you and you can pick it up to save the shipping fees. Dave (manager) is really cool and gets most stuff in less than a week. I have gotten my frunk net and adaptor thru him. Also if you havent joined our Facebook page for Ohio Enthusiast, I would recommend liking our page. We are arranging a get-together and a few events starting in April.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ohio-Tesla-Owners-Group/589140464431440

Jason

The Columbus Service Center will order it for you and you can pick it up to save the shipping fees. Dave (manager) is really cool and gets most stuff in less than a week. I have gotten my frunk net and adaptor thru him. Also if you havent joined our Facebook page for Ohio Enthusiast, I would recommend liking our page. We are arranging a get-together and a few events starting in April.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Ohio-Tesla-Owners-Group/589140464431440

Jason

Good to know Jason, thanks!
I have already liked and posted on the OH FB page. Looking forward to meeting you and other owners in the area soon.

New Model S 10-30 adapter Shop Tesla Gear NEMA 10-30 .

OK, this time I'm waiting to buy either directly from my service center (once they get up and running) or to bundle several purchases at once...I was a fool for paying $21 shipping for the last adapter to now have another released this soon after...could've saved some cash ordering both at the same time.

lol I need a NEMA 6-20, 20A 240V adapter to use the 'high capacity charger' (hardly, lol) where I work!! waiting for this one... at least it'll be better than the 5-15 I've been using there in the meantime.

Just build your own from a 6-20 male plug, a small encosure with a 16A breaker and a female 6-50 plug. Just remember to manually restrict the car to 16A (or maybe 15A) or you will pop your breaker.

Having a 16A breaker in the enclosure ensures this pops first if you forget to turn down the amps.

OK, this time I'm waiting to buy either directly from my service center (once they get up and running) or to bundle several purchases at once...I was a fool for paying $21 shipping for the last adapter to now have another released this soon after...could've saved some cash ordering both at the same time.

ok, from now on I will wait and bundle the new adapter announcements together ... :wink:

ok, from now on I will wait and bundle the new adapter announcements together ... :wink:

Ok, this is really stupid....
I just went into the shop b/c I also need the 2nd row floor mat, figured I'd bundle it with the new adapter just to add it to my collection...
The shipping for the combined order of a floor mat and the adapter is LESS than the shipping for the adapter alone...riddle me that will ya. $20.74 for both, $21.00 even for just the adapter.

Ok, this is really stupid....
I just went into the shop b/c I also need the 2nd row floor mat, figured I'd bundle it with the new adapter just to add it to my collection...
The shipping for the combined order of a floor mat and the adapter is LESS than the shipping for the adapter alone...riddle me that will ya. $20.74 for both, $21.00 even for just the adapter.

I noticed this the other day. Looks like the $21 is specifically for 2-day service. The other price is for ground, I think. I bought a full mat set (all passenger, trunk, frunk) and a J1772 adapter and was charged $41 total for shipping. Of course, two of the items are on their way, sent out 4 days after the order was placed. the remaining items are still pending shipping.

Couple site revisions over the weekend:

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG