Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - Spy Shots

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
attachment.php

Quite likely that the silver canister is a drier/accumulator for the A/C system. It is bigger than I would expect to see in an automobile, however in an EV where it is also cooling the battery pack....maybe?

Alternatively, it looks to me like a large accelerometer which is used for measuring forces and vibration. We use much smaller ones for tracking animal behavior but on a test car something this size could also make sense.

First block appears to be car info:
Line 1: Car VIN
Line 2: ?
Line 3: ?
Line 4: ?
Line 5: Speed (0 mph)
Line 6: Date and time
Line 7: ?
Line 8: ?
Line 9: ?

Block 2 (battery condition)

Line 1: ?
Line 2: ?
Line 3: ?
Line 4: 376v
Line 5: Battery temp?

Block 3 (energy consumption?)

Line 1: 0 WpM 282 WpM
Line 2: 272 WpM 168 WpM

Really could use some NSA photo enhancing programm

That square-ish shape in the bottom drivers side bumper look vaguely like an Avcon socket

Why can't that be the chargeport? Does the chargeport have to be at the same height as a gas tank? I would rather have it closer to the floor so I could step over it if I needed to rather than blocking my garage off like a rope line. Isn't that location very close to the Power Electronics Module?

Franz said the following:

Franz: The charge port is located toward the rear of the car, on the driver’s side. The majority of charging happens at home so this is the most functional location. Similar to the door handles, the charge port door hides when not in use. It was important to me to make charging a unique experience. You’ll see on the Beta vehicles, the charge port looks nothing like a traditional fuel door.

Why can't that be the chargeport? Does the chargeport have to be at the same height as a gas tank? I would rather have it closer to the floor so I could step over it if I needed to rather than blocking my garage off like a rope line. ...

Yes a gasoline filler needs to be higher so gravity can fill a gasoline tank but there is also ergonomics. Stooping over for many of the population would be unacceptable. Many of which are the ones that can afford this car.
I would also worry about a simple fender bender effectively disabling the car if that was the final charge port location.

Same thing is on the other side. I doubt it's a charge port.

Picture 6 - It Lives! Tesla Model S pre-production prototype spied

They are pressure relief valves. They keep from blowing your ear drums when someone closes the trunk. All cars have something like this in some shape or form. They are normally hidden under the bumper skin, so this car does not have the bumper skin on.

That cylinder looks like a resiviour (spelling?) for the air suspension. Most ac reciever dryers are part or attached to the condensers.