Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Sat in highland model 3 and LHD model S other day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And compared to my 2019 model S the interior build quality is night and day
The new S feels almost audi quality on the interior. Everything feels exceptionally solid. So much has changed yet so much is identical to my car. Unfortunately LHD is a non starter.

The 3 has same level of interior build quality. Really nice but I can't live without a dash display. Interior lighting is a nice touch and all round its a nice car. Those door handles are despicable though.

Give the 3 some decent door handles and a dash display and I think you would get a ton of S owners making the jump. I would. As it stands unless the S or X go RHD I'll have to find a new EV brand. Current eyes are on lotus.

Reactions: ringi
And compared to my 2019 model S the interior build quality is night and day
The new S feels almost audi quality on the interior. Everything feels exceptionally solid. So much has changed yet so much is identical to my car. Unfortunately LHD is a non starter.

The 3 has same level of interior build quality. Really nice but I can't live without a dash display. Interior lighting is a nice touch and all round its a nice car. Those door handles are despicable though.

Give the 3 some decent door handles and a dash display and I think you would get a ton of S owners making the jump. I would. As it stands unless the S or X go RHD I'll have to find a new EV brand. Current eyes are on lotus.
I have to say I actually prefer the interior of my 2020 MS (white/carbon/titanium/black alcantara). Not a fan of the centre display sprouting into my line of sight especially, though the rear seat is certainly nicer.

I have to say I actually prefer the interior of my 2020 MS (white/carbon/titanium/black alcantara). Not a fan of the centre display sprouting into my line of sight especially, though the rear seat is certainly nicer.
Just the build quality is better. Shutting the doors feels more premium. It has door bins...the little things. Centre console is lovely.

Tbh there's no reason tesla couldn't offer an interior upgrade to legacy S and X

I cant quite understand why the new S still isn't RHD. There's surely a big enough market to make it financially viable for a single production line in 1 of their now many factories. I have a 2023 model 3 at the moment and would love to upgrade to an S in couple years but will never take LHD
If the rumours are to believed, they'd need to swap the position of the front motor and all the auxiliaries and that's more work.

Has anyone looked at the bulkhead to work out if they put a RHD steering column portal in? If not I suspect no RHD was always the plan and it's not likely to come soon.

If the rumours are to believed, they'd need to swap the position of the front motor and all the auxiliaries and that's more work.

Has anyone looked at the bulkhead to work out if they put a RHD steering column portal in? If not I suspect no RHD was always the plan and it's not likely to come soon.
Maybe when they do steer by wire in all models it won't be an issue?