Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually it would only double as the 0g of CO2 leads to a large credit in that part of the tax. So it would still be much cheaper than the M5 but that wouldn't help sales much. I'm not sure if they sell any new M5s at all here. Maybe a couple per year ?[/QUOTE]
Ahh, I didn't think of the CO2-part of the equation, but still as you mention the price will increase a lot then mainly due to weight and horsepower. My wife would kill me if I bought a car at twice the cost of a Model S, but she has been very happy about the price so far.

Regarding M5s in Norway there aren't many of them, but here in Oslo I've seen quite a few over the years. People with that kind of money tend to buy porsches, ferraris etc instead. M5s don't have enough show-off factor I believe:)

Regarding M5s in Norway there aren't many of them, but here in Oslo I've seen quite a few over the years. People with that kind of money tend to buy porsches, ferraris etc instead. M5s don't have enough show-off factor I believe:)

Yeah, there is a few M5s around but I think most of them have been imported used from Germany, not sold new in Norway. And I agree about the Porsches, I see quite a few Cayenne Turbo S driving around. Those costs more than $400k :scared:

All of the sigs (first 1200 US) are all 85 kw cars! welcome!
Incorrect. My response was moved here by mods:
Unsubstantiated Rumor: More than 1,000 U.S. Signatures - Page 15

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone knew there would be 1,000 US Signature vehicles, and that's what there'll be.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, we knew there were supposed to be 1000 Sigs. However, I'm fairly certain that we were also told that Sig orders were closed as of the end of August.

No tricks just treats: Just reserved 13,321... Happy Halloween!

Been hanging here for awhile, the Model S will be my 3rd EV. Still need a test drive but pretty sure it will impress compared to my LEAF (or my Porsche).
Working on the 40kWh or 80 kWh trade-off. I'm thinking either of those offer more value to me than the 60. Plenty of time to work it out.

- - - Updated - - -

...Working on the 40kWh or 80 kWh trade-off....

Er, that's 85kWh not 80... just happy to be on the list.

No tricks just treats: Just reserved 13,321...

I reserved 13064 on Oct 24 so they have averaged 37 / day the past week. I wonder if they intend to increase 2013 production or stay at 400/ week? At that rate they only produce 43/day. With so many new stores opening and I'm assuming increased reservations when people actually see these on the road they'll easily be selling more than they produce. With over a 9 month wait now, that's not good. I don't think the average person wants to order a car a year in advance. To go mainstream they'll need to bring the wait down to 2-3 months max. They may need to double the expected 400/week production next year, anyone know if that's even feasible with Tesla's current resources (ie staff, engineers, equipment, suppliers, money etc.) given the resources they will need to dedicate to the model x?

Last edited:
They may need to double the expected 400/week production next year, anyone know if that's even feasible with Tesla's current resources (ie staff, engineers, equipment, suppliers, money etc.) given the resources they will need to dedicate to the model x?

Doubling is definitely feasible and relevantly easy compare to reaching initial 400 a week rate target. But!

1) Demand should be there.
2) It will require additional CAPEX, pouring money not only into Tesla Factory, but into supply chain too.
3) It would take time. Probably less then 6 months from decision made to 800 a week rate, but still.

In addition, Musk mentioned that they could produce 35,000 Model S with addition of second shift...

Congrats michiganmodels! Remind us of the config...
Signature Performance
Red
Black Interior
Carbon Fiber
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
19' Wheels (didn't want to rotate wheels for the Michigan Winter).
I was Reservation #249.
My MVPA stated September 2012.

Without repeating what has been said. All things considered (The Signature "Premium," the poor communication, the slight delay, the few outstanding items in my "Due Bill"), I could not be happier with my purchase decision and my Model S. I would not trade my Model S for any other car. And since I charge my Model S from my PV array, I would not trade my Model S for any other form of transportation.

Signature Performance
Red
Black Interior
Carbon Fiber
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
I was Reservation #249.

Without repeating what has been said. All things considered (The Signature "Premium," the poor communication, the slight delay, the few outstanding items in my "Due Bill"), I could not be happier with my purchase decision and my Model S. I would not trade my Model S for any other car. And since I charge my Model S from my PV array, I would not trade my Model S for any other form of transportation.

Congrats! You have great taste, and we seem to have experienced the same journey with Tesla. Enjoy the car!

I received my car (VIN 524) Tuesday Night. So, I've been driving the last few days. I'll update momentarily.

What an awesome reason to not be updating the boards! As an broke EV enthusiast, I'm absolutely green with envy! I religiously check the boards every day to see how many reservations, and deliveries have been made. I hope that Tesla has turned the cash-burning corner and can by cash positive for the very first time this month. The planet needs this company to succeed in such a big way. The fact that the product happens to rock helps as well! Now hopefully Tesla's backlog of reservations can get resolved. Thanks for your efforts michiganmodels, TMC has become the best source for Tesla info in the entire web.

Signature Performance
Red
Black Interior
Carbon Fiber
Carbon Fiber Spoiler
I was Reservation #249.

I hope you don't lose your enthusiasm for keeping the tally up-to-date now that you have yours.