Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S range and interior update imminent?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Things I want:

1000km «range»
Better headlights
Better backup camera/nightvision
Ccs port for europe
Better turn radius
Heated seats(that actually heat)
Model 3 air vents
Automatic camera cleaners
Rain sensor
Double pan glass
Better sound insulation
Heat pump
220volt outlet in the back
Chrome delete
Some exterior change to make it look new
Higher quality on everything
Trailer hitch option(is that the word for it?)
Better armrest on center console
Screen that flips
2nd gear

That's a good start go get a list started. No, I don't think this will come, not all, maybe most of it won't - but you were asked what you want, not what you think Tesla delivers (which traditionally is quite off, has been for years ;) ). May I add a few ideas to our future disappointment list?

- better frunk and trunk lighting (partially solved with Raven)
- Door storage (like every other Tesla model)
- Storage for papers and the like in the seats (children want to store comics)
- yet better interiour lighting
- coat hangers
- 40/20/40 flat folding rear seats (like Model Y) for longer cargo while still carrying 4 people
- USB-C
- USB in Trunk and glove box
- mobile phone as a key (like Model Y / 3), almost sure many think
- adjustable belt fixing
- adjustable head rests (bring them back)
- while we're at double pan glass: all around, not just front like Y / 3
- of course charging rate like Y / 3, or better
- still better FSD computer than the latest so far
- memory functionality for passenger seat (as promised by Elon x elon-time-units ago)
- better sealing against dirt, mud, water around all the doors (2 lips / more rubber) and openings
- frunk you can close without an engineering degree (press where you like, let unteached passengers close it without any risk of damage)
- NO MORE SHUDDER in the axles / built in obsolescence for half shafts

That's a good start go get a list started. No, I don't think this will come, not all, maybe most of it won't - but you were asked what you want, not what you think Tesla delivers (which traditionally is quite off, has been for years ;) ). May I add a few ideas to our future disappointment list?

- better frunk and trunk lighting (partially solved with Raven)
- Door storage (like every other Tesla model)
- Storage for papers and the like in the seats (children want to store comics)
- yet better interiour lighting
- coat hangers
- 40/20/40 flat folding rear seats (like Model Y) for longer cargo while still carrying 4 people
- USB-C
- USB in Trunk and glove box
- mobile phone as a key (like Model Y / 3), almost sure many think
- adjustable belt fixing
- adjustable head rests (bring them back)
- while we're at double pan glass: all around, not just front like Y / 3
- of course charging rate like Y / 3, or better
- still better FSD computer than the latest so far
- memory functionality for passenger seat (as promised by Elon x elon-time-units ago)
- better sealing against dirt, mud, water around all the doors (2 lips / more rubber) and openings
- frunk you can close without an engineering degree (press where you like, let unteached passengers close it without any risk of damage)
- NO MORE SHUDDER in the axles / built in obsolescence for half shafts

I was with you up until the last. Doubt that will be fixed ever :-/

• Love
Reactions: 46&2
My personal wish list for S refresh:
1) Larger view out the front windshield, similar to Model 3. Bring the dash down a few inches. Keep a small 2nd display if possible.
2) Sound deadening for the whole cabin to make a luxury car feel. Including wheel wells, doors, dual-pane windows. If glass roof contributes to noise then offer a motorized cover or metal/insulated roof again.
3) Back seats - more legroom and longer/higher back seats. Use some hatchback space for this if needed. I want 4 people who are all 6-feet-tall to be VERY comfortable on an 8-hour trip.
4) Range of 500 miles with new 4680 cells. Don't care if cells are in a pack, or part of body structure. For road trips, I want to hit 300 miles range at 80MPH when going from 80% battery to 10% battery.
5) Phone as bluetooth key option.
6) More and better cameras and radar for real autonomous driving within 3 years. Will need HW4 free circuit board upgrade.
7) Get rid of 12V battery completely somehow.
8) For Long Range model: needs better looking base 19-inch wheels, with tires that offer highest ride comfort and good range.

Reactions: 46&2
My personal wish list for S refresh:
1) Larger view out the front windshield, similar to Model 3. Bring the dash down a few inches. Keep a small 2nd display if possible.
2) Sound deadening for the whole cabin to make a luxury car feel. Including wheel wells, doors, dual-pane windows. If glass roof contributes to noise then offer a motorized cover or metal/insulated roof again.
3) Back seats - more legroom and longer/higher back seats. Use some hatchback space for this if needed. I want 4 people who are all 6-feet-tall to be VERY comfortable on an 8-hour trip.
4) Range of 500 miles with new 4680 cells. Don't care if cells are in a pack, or part of body structure. For road trips, I want to hit 300 miles range at 80MPH when going from 80% battery to 10% battery.
5) Phone as bluetooth key option.
6) More and better cameras and radar for real autonomous driving within 3 years. Will need HW4 free circuit board upgrade.
7) Get rid of 12V battery completely somehow.
8) For Long Range model: needs better looking base 19-inch wheels, with tires that offer highest ride comfort and good range.

Sounds good to me, but which one of these will help Elon win the GOP, Game Of Pennies?

Hey, this is a fun game!

My wishlist (in order of reasonable to unreasonable):
- Gently updated exterior, preserving the overall design but giving it a fresher look (headlights, tail lights, etc)
- Updated interior using higher quality materials. It doesn't have to be a Bentley, but just try to be more comparable
- "Wraparound display", or some other larger display surface that includes a display in front of the driver for important details and a larger screen in the center for both the driver and passenger to interact with (the current setup does satisfy this, though).
- Integrated "stressed member" battery and frame
- 4680 cells, with all the benefits they may bring (greater output, faster charging, etc)
- +500mi rated range
- New radar/cameras/AP4 sensing gear
- New AP4 computer
- Free Unlimited Supercharging
- Transferrable FSD license

(I've never actually used the door pockets in any of my cars; they just collect dust for me, so I don't much care whether they come or go)

Reactions: rypalmer
It's here! https://tesla-cdn.thron.com/deliver...-9886627a12c3/S1dbei4/WEB/TSLA-Q4-2020-Update

The inside looks wild, I can't wait to see one in person. I've been waiting on my delivery since 10/19.
giphy.gif

"Over the past few weeks, we have been upgrading our Fremont Factory to launch the new Model S and Model X. These changes include a new powertrain (battery modules, battery packs, drive units, an entirely new interior, exterior updates and other improvements. Production will resume in Q1 and ramp back up to full capacity over time."

"Additionally, we have incoroprated the Model 3 and Model Y motor technology throughout as well as our heat pump for better winter range."

Status
Not open for further replies.