Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think blacked out chrome on this car looks so out of place for a futuristic, chrome electric powered beauty.
Black chrome makes it look so monotone.
In case you haven't seen the old classic Chevy & Ford which I love, I don't think chrome has any thing to do with futuristic. That said, I don't think you can go wrong with a Model S Tesla either stock or chrome delete ... all about personal taste. Would love to see your Model S, please post pic of your stock Tesla.

Last edited:
You bet:

View attachment 69078

View attachment 69079

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks! Yes, it definitely looks serious.

By all means, feel free to do the same. After all, I borrowed the idea from user "frankness" up-thread. If enough of us do this maybe Tesla will offer it as a factory option some day.

I hadnt been much of a fan for red cars, 'cept Ferraris, but these personalized Red cars are awesome!! Nice work!!!

In case you haven't seen the old classic Chevy & Ford which I love, I don't think chrome has any thing to do with futuristic. That said, I don't think you can go wrong with a Model S Tesla either stock or chrome delete ... all about personal taste. Would love to see your Model S, please post pic of your stock Tesla.
I don't have a Model S unfortunately. I would love to own one someday.
By the way, I'm going to test ride in the P85D very soon.

Today at February 7th, 2015, at the King of Prussia Tesla showroom, there was an MC Red S85, and a Pearl White S60.

P2073014.JPG
P2073015.JPG
P2073016.JPG
P2073017.JPG
P2073018.JPG
P2073032.JPG
P2073033.JPG

Here's a P85D that we test drove

P2073022.JPG

IMG_4805.jpg

A Model S P85 I spotted in Istanbul / Turkey. It is crazy to think these people import these vehicles without Tesla being officially present with their own means. I wish I was one of those people (i.e. I wish I had that much money)

This isn't the only one either, I spotted one in the city a couple of months ago too but couldn't snap a photo. There also was a black one on sale on the internet. There are close to 10, maybe more Model S' in Istanbul. I envy, soon much.

Inspired by franknesss' Model S, I had the chrome trim blacked out with glossy vinyl on my red P85D when it went in for full Xpel wrap and window tint at Northwest Auto Salon.

I absolutely love the look. The gloss black trim looks like it came from the factory. It ties in nicely with the gloss black pieces along side of the pano roof. Tesla should totally offer black chrome as a factory option.

Note, the car is super glossy with the Xpel, as you can see from the first photo. For whatever reason, it just looks matte under the diffused lighting of the photo booth.

View attachment 68855

View attachment 68856

View attachment 68857

View attachment 68858

View attachment 68859

View attachment 68860

I really like what you did on the trim color you used, really changes the looks of the car in a better way.

Inspired by franknesss' Model S, I had the chrome trim blacked out with glossy vinyl on my red P85D when it went in for full Xpel wrap and window tint at Northwest Auto Salon.

I absolutely love the look. The gloss black trim looks like it came from the factory. It ties in nicely with the gloss black pieces along side of the pano roof. Tesla should totally offer black chrome as a factory option.

Note, the car is super glossy with the Xpel, as you can see from the first photo. For whatever reason, it just looks matte under the diffused lighting of the photo booth.
Just dropped my black S85 off at Northwest Auto Salon. I dropped by on Friday to do a walk around of the car with the guys and settle on some things. The owner Blake is very cool, took a lot of time to talk about tint options, different materials to use for the chrome delete, different options on how to handle the nose cose and we even brought up your car and the cut-out he did for the Tesla name on the back and how he could do some interesting things with that. Plus, Clint Dempsey's F150 was in there getting a stealth panel replaced (someone door'd it bad, paint was saved though thanks to XPEL) which, as a Sounders fan, was just an added geekout bonus for me

I settled on doing an XPEL Stealth wrap & chrome delete (plus tint with Photosync 45). Stealth wrap should give the car the satin/matte finish, and the chrome will be done out in a color called "Black Pearl". Some additional accents done in a flat matte paint, for example on the 'TESLA' wording on the back he's going to paint matte black then overlay the black pearl with the lettering cut out, should look cool.

Can't wait to get it back, should be done by Friday if they can get the black pearl in on time.

Last edited:
Yeah the chrome delete will wrap all the chrome in a material called "black pearl", including the small chrome accents and the T badges.

I've been talking with the shop owner about what to do with the nose cone. At one point we were considering putting the "black pearl" over the whole nose cone, but I think we're leaning towards putting clear XPEL Ultimate over it and leaving it glossy black. I don't want to go for a complete monotone look, I want some variance/depth with colors that play well together. Between the tinted windows, B-columns, and pano roof, etc, there will be some glossy elements on the car so the nose cone may play well into it.

I'm letting the shop owner make the artistic decisions regarding the nose cone, but I told him I don't want the nose cone to be the same at the main body (Stealth) which I think would create a monotone look. I think he's leaning towards putting black pearl on the chrome, and clear on the existing glossy, which I think will really pop.

View attachment 71765
A Model S P85 I spotted in Istanbul / Turkey. It is crazy to think these people import these vehicles without Tesla being officially present with their own means. I wish I was one of those people (i.e. I wish I had that much money)

This isn't the only one either, I spotted one in the city a couple of months ago too but couldn't snap a photo. There also was a black one on sale on the internet. There are close to 10, maybe more Model S' in Istanbul. I envy, soon much.
Post Model S sightings on this thread
Random Model S sightings

On February 14th every year barbershop quartets all over the country fan out to deliver Singing Valentines. This is my quartet, The Northsiders, standing in front of my Valentine Red P85D delivery van. We spread a little joy to fourteen lucky recipients around the Denver north metro, though one college co-ed is probably in trouble with Mom, who arranged to have us surprise her daughter in her math lecture on the campus of CU Boulder. Trouble is, the daughter skipped class...

NorthsidersQuartet_1390520.jpg