Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Two more of mine from Miami - both at the same place as before, but different day and better technicals (tripod and lower iso) - both are HDR

OW5A5531_2_3_tonemapped%20bw%20jpg-L.jpg

OW5A5519_20_21_tonemapped%20adj%20jpg%20v3hq-L.jpg

Is this Vinyl wrapped? Repainted? Custom from the factory?
This is custom from the factory. I heard that they actually had it painted at Chilton Auto Body in San Carlos but I don't know for sure.

That Blue is the exact color I want. How do I get it?
As far as I know, Tesla no longer takes requests for custom colors. You can have it repainted but that's very expensive ($15k) because they have to completely disassemble the vehicle. Or you can have it vinyl wrapped for $5k or so.

sp4rk said:
I am going aftermarket with a wrap.
Which film did you choose? 3M Scotchprint?

Which film did you choose? 3M Scotchprint?
No idea ... whatever the wrapping company is using?
I was quoted $3.1k but that's before they've seen the car; then I hope it comes down a bit due to pano-roof.
Do you have any expertise in the area? Like how do they do the mirrors? Does the film get molded?
I am tentatively going here:
Road Rage Designs - Custom Vehicle Wraps and Vinyl Graphics
I honestly don't know the quality of one from the other and would sooner have it done nearer the factory.

Amazing looking. How did you get a custom color so late in the game? Is that a multi-coat? They should add that to the list of colors but then I guess it wouldn't be custom anymore but certainly is nice looking. My VIN is in the first 100 and they had already stopped offering it by the time they got to me. I wouldn't have done it anyway though since I'm happy with the Sig red.

Amazing looking. How did you get a custom color so late in the game? Is that a multi-coat? They should add that to the list of colors but then I guess it wouldn't be custom anymore but certainly is nice looking. My VIN is in the first 100 and they had already stopped offering it by the time they got to me. I wouldn't have done it anyway though since I'm happy with the Sig red.

I actually started talking to Tesla about my custom color back in March of 2012. It was originally going to be for my Signature car (Sig #2) but then I asked if they could do it for my General Production car instead and they said okay.

I actually started talking to Tesla about my custom color back in March of 2012. It was originally going to be for my Signature car (Sig #2) but then I asked if they could do it for my General Production car instead and they said okay.

Ah, didn't know you had two Model Ss. Beautiful color. If I had done a custom color, I think I would have either done that ruby red (the Roadster Elon gave to the Toyota CEO) or that purple color someone here else got on their Roadster.

Ah, didn't know you had two Model Ss. Beautiful color. If I had done a custom color, I think I would have either done that ruby red (the Roadster Elon gave to the Toyota CEO) or that purple color someone here else got on their Roadster.
My recollection/understanding is that it's his 3rd. The 1st and 2nd he sold.

That's definitely the BLUE I want!

Took the words out of my mouth. I very much want a blue car, but Tesla's standard blue is too dark. I saw these pics and said "That's it! How do I do that?!?!" Ugh. I wonder if a few of us all wanted a different color (the same color..) if Tesla would be open to it since they could batch it.

A

Last edited:
Took the words out of my mouth. I very much want a blue car, but Tesla's standard blue is too dark. I saw these pics and said "That's it! How do I do that?!?!" Ugh. I wonder if a few of us all wanted a different color (the same color..) if Tesla would be open to it since they could batch it.

A

If you really want that shade of blue you can always do a custom wrap. You can pick any color you want and it protects the actual paint of the car. :)