Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The are not the same and my source is Tesla. It was thought that the Sunset color was a bit too "flat". The multi-coat gives it more depth and character. The samples in the store blew me away and made me very happy that I had changed my final order to red.

Is it also a different color tone, or just that they are now making it multi-coat instead of single-coat? On my photos (not posted yet) the sunset red, from the Get Amp'ed event in Fremont, doesn't obviously look flat. Not even in comparison to the "multi-coat" photos in MNX's photo gallery, at least not on first sight.

Looks nice, but in thinking long term it'd be better if we created separate threads on TMC to hold all the pics.

* Photos are stored on a separate site - if your site goes down, then :(
* Separate login means that people won't upload new photos

Last edited:
Is it also a different color tone, or just that they are now making it multi-coat instead of single-coat? On my photos (not posted yet) the sunset red, from the Get Amp'ed event in Fremont, doesn't obviously look flat. Not even in comparison to the "multi-coat" photos in MNX's photo gallery, at least not on first sight.

It's very hard to tell without the sunset and multi-coat side-by-side, but my impression from my visit to the store is that the color tone is definitely different. Of course, this is all subjective.

Great idea!

One correction: in the "Pearl White" section, there are several photos of a white car with the white roof (both from Tesla's "true colors" photos and from some of the Get Amped events). That car is the regular, non-pearl white.

Thanks Mike! In my haste to get the gallery populated I added those by accident.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Mike! In my haste to get the gallery populated I added those by accident.

I think I got them moved ok. How about this one with the perf wheels? White or Pearl White?

http://www.mnx.ca/ModelS/picture.php?/122/category/7

Last edited by a moderator:
Need more pics of brown! I think we're down to White or Brown. I've always been a grey/silver car person. Last 15 yrs worth of cars (especially the sporty ones) were all in that range. Looking for something different for the S. It's basically Brown or White+$1700 meaning: the brown costs $750 more than the white and we'd definitely get the Armor on brown, and would not on white. So, We need to determine if we like the brown "$1700 more than" the white. I'm hoping to find someone in PHX area who gets brown so we can go see it in the flesh. BUt in the meantime, pics may have to do.

Need more pics of brown! I think we're down to White or Brown. I've always been a grey/silver car person. Last 15 yrs worth of cars (especially the sporty ones) were all in that range. Looking for something different for the S. It's basically Brown or White+$1700 meaning: the brown costs $750 more than the white and we'd definitely get the Armor on brown, and would not on white. So, We need to determine if we like the brown "$1700 more than" the white. I'm hoping to find someone in PHX area who gets brown so we can go see it in the flesh. BUt in the meantime, pics may have to do.

I haven't added these yet as they are lower res, let me know if I should.

Tommy's Album: Brown Model S

I've posted these elsewhere, but here are some more brown for your album.
2012-12-17_07-50-34.jpg
2012-12-17_07-52-03-hi.jpg
2012-12-17_07-52-44.jpg
2012-12-17_11-50-34.jpg
2012-12-17_11-51-00.jpg