Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where did the delivery take place? At the SC or at your home? I don't understand how a SC could deliver a car where the charge port wouldn't work and any bit of carpet wouldn't be installed. On my delivery I failed to test drive the car before I accepted. So now I have a dash rattle/squeak near the touchscreen. I'm not sure how to tell the difference between the two. Maybe it's closer to a squeak than a rattle on my car. It occurs when I'm going over certain surfaces. It's really annoying.

The SC took care of everything that was obvious. I haven't washed it yet so I'm sure I'll see a few things.

The only thing outside of the dash issue is there is a trim piece under the back rear that doesn't quite align. I'll get that fixed sometime.

With my car it felt like the entire delivery was a bit rushed. They kept talking about how they delivered 20 cars that day, and there was car after car waiting to be delivered. It was rather astonishing because all these cars are around the $100K mark. It was crazy. Sure most of it has to do with the pending sales tax exemption.

When I emailed my DS about the Dash squeak/rattle all I got back was an apology and that a "customer concern" was created. That was yesterday so I'll probably know by tomorrow. I imagine it's going to be awhile before one of the two SC's in my state can get to it.

At least now that I have the car I can understand why people are overlooking these annoyances. They are because it's all rather otherworldly when driving it.
There is this trade of between the luxury/trim/fit that I'm used to with German cars. I give up a bit of that in exchange for this kind of almost unreal connection to the road. I say go and it GOES. I let go and it slows in nice proportion. It's like this weird teleporter that jumps you from point to point.

At other times it will probably cause me to go bald from frustration.

Delivery was at the Houston service center on Westchase Drive. I too am a bit mystified that they handed me a car with a non-working charge door. Really can't make heads or tails of that.

On your dash squeak - if you put your thumb on the edge of the dash right above the 17" touchscreen and lift up, does the squeak go away? If so, its got the same problem both my cars have had - and they can easily fix it with a piece of felt put in there. I stuck a piece of cloth in mine temporarily to kill the noise - it will drive you crazy.

As far as people overlooking these problems, you're right. But think about it - if GM or Ford wanted to they could make a car like the Tesla Model S, and with their decades of car building experience it wouldn't have near the issues the Model S has. I think Tesla would go out of business overnight. I'm hoping that doesn't happen - me and a whole lot of others will be screwed holding cars with a non-existent manufacturer. Would that be a nightmare or what?? Hopefully the knowledge required to service them could be picked up by other repair shops and batteries could be replaced, etc., but it would really be a bad situation. I hope like hell Tesla makes it.

I just spoke to my DS and she says it could arrive any day now and they need at least 2 days to get the car ready. Tues/Wed of next week the latest. She wasn't able to locate the car thou. My console hasn't arrived either, it's been a month and I was charged again for it over the wknd. I got a credit for the prev charge when I ordered it too so don't know what that's about.

Good luck. On the console, I had the same and with other accessories too. Tesla does a charge, full charge on order, then credits it back. Then charge again a final time on shipping finally. It is a little odd but works out.

I'm taking everything my DS says "with a grain of salt" as it was supposed to be June, then Late June, then complete production yesterday, then not really able to track it too much once leaves factory (whenever that is), etc. Seems like since it is a car, that they would have better capabilities to update stats and track - it isn't a freakin toaster!

To be fair I can track my toaster [through UPS] better than my car :p

Ah man, it is killing me but I'm still back in the queue since last night. Hope I switch over soon with ya! I'll limit my refreshing to hourly (if I can)!

Does anyone know who and how myTesla gets updated? Is it automated somewhat, updated by factory workers/testers, the DS (don't think so), etc?

p.s. bjwModelS - you are technically in transit here June 10th back in the states ;-)

When mine went back into the queue, it then was listed in transit that evening. I had the 240 volt outlet installed in my garage today. Just need the car to plug into it!!

Tmrw will be day 5 "in transit" and no word from DS. If it doesn't arrive tmrw then I def won't get it until next week since they need time to prep the car, etc.. and they don't work on the wknd. In the meantime, I've downloaded and reading the driver manual. I do hope my car comes with LTE since the recent deliveries in the past week have had it.

YEAH! Totally don't want to make anyone jealous here as I've already been running late, but just got a call from my DS here in Chicago. My car went into transit after sitting on the lot a while this AM I noticed. Got a call though that said it COULD be here by Monday, so we setup a delivery pickup for next Wednesday now at the SC in Chicago, 6/17! Not even really late June anymore.

So apparently, they throw them on trucks sometimes and not trains. Mine is coming on a truck straight to Chicago SC versus the long train ride now - hopefully safely still.

Gotta pay for it now I guess and totally stoked to get it earliest than expected now still (maybe).

-T