Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S not charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We have a 2020 model S and a Tesla branded WC. For several years it charged in the middle of the night as scheduled..In the last 30-45 days the car will no longer start charging. I tried to start on the mobile app but that failed as well. I unplugged WC rebooted car, plugged wc back in and it worked until it reached desired charge level. When it was time to top off the battery it again failed. Any suggestions? Tesla service has not been helpful. Also, I lose about 2% charge per 24 hour period with sentry mode off. Is that normal?

Many times the App will show incorrect settings. Look at the car display and verify/set up delayed charging there. Also, look at the log on the wall connector and errors in the car to see if any errors are being reported. Make sure your Wall Connector has the latest code. Try turning the breaker to the wall connector in your home off and back on. If you still have problems, the direct connection to support is: Tesla Wall Connector Support - 888-765-2489 [email protected]. I found they do not read or respond to emails, and they requested I call them instead of emailing them. Your wall connector has a 4 year warranty.

Reactions: IROAR
You just said failed, but are there any other details of it showing anything anywhere? Are there any messages on the car's screen? Is the light on the car's charge port showing any odd colors like red or orange? Are the lights on the wall connector flashing in some pattern to indicate a problem?

You just said failed, but are there any other details of it showing anything anywhere? Are there any messages on the car's screen? Is the light on the car's charge port showing any odd colors like red or orange? Are the lights on the wall connector flashing in some pattern to indicate a problem?
No messages color solid blue. I recycled the wall charger by turning the breaker off and on and that solves the problem for the time being thanks for your reply.

I reset the breaker for my Tesla wall charger and that did the trick. Hope it doesn't happen again. Hope it is not the circuit breaker panel. I have another fuse that keeps blowing, although the Tesla fuse was _not_ blown....