Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nose Cone Designs (Prototype, Alpha, Beta and beyond)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am dubious of the quality of this product, but it might make for a simple matte-nosecone.

http://www.aacustomshield.com/

I for one don't like the look of the shiny nose cone. Love PV4EV's suggestions with the fake grill but some work would go into this. My suggestion is something that I think just about anyone could do on their own, with very little skill required and very little cost: put on some black matte vinyl wrap. Tried to do a PS job of what it kind of might look like (not good with PS).

View attachment 7650

Got the idea when I saw the pics of the roadster that TMC member Andre Wolfe has just bought (see this thread), image below. Anyway, I think it's doable. Maybe $20 for the vinyl film, some cleaning, a knife and a blow dryer?

View attachment 7651

I am dubious of the quality of this product, but it might make for a simple matte-nosecone.

http://www.aacustomshield.com/

Watched their video. Looks cool. Like Plasti-Dip in a spray can. Wonder how long it will last though? And if it can be washed without coming off?

82737292.jpg

Have to admit, I'm still bothered by this telling quote in the otherwise glowing Motor Trend COTY story: "...
exterior design theme of the Model S as "somewhat safe and conservative," but... beautifully executed design-enhancing proportions, the excellent stance and gesture, and the harmony and grace of its lines... only criticism? "The front end is a missed opportunity to establish brand identity."

To me, in my humble opinion, the nosecone, is just neutral - it doesn't match the beautiful design of the Model S, you could argue that the plastic nosecone detracts from the strong overall design aesthetic. But, t
o update this thread -- lots happening here, we've been seeing some impressive mods to the nosecone as of late.

May have something in the works too on this front - no pun intended...

Recently a few folks have "remixed" their Model S and taken to some creative reworking of the front end:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20456

Has anyone done a full WRAP on their new model S P85 yet? I have... - Page 6

Random Model S sightings - Page 145

... "The front end is a missed opportunity to establish brand identity."

To me, in my humble opinion, the nosecone, is just neutral - it doesn't match the beautiful design of the Model S, you could argue that the plastic nosecone detracts from the strong overall design aesthetic. But, to update this thread -- lots happening here, we've been seeing some impressive mods to the nosecone as of late.
IMO, to their original point, aftermarket modifications can promote the brand (logos, etc.) but they can't really establish brand identity. That has to be done on the entire fleet.

As an example, I don't like the "front teeth" look of the Fisker but it's definitely brand distinctive.

To me, in my humble opinion, the nosecone, is just neutral - it doesn't match the beautiful design of the Model S

I happen to think the Sig nosecone fits the car much better than the new nosecone. I do think the front end on the Sigs look much better and does match.

(To brian's point about the Fisker, it's the "mustache" that turns me off as well. I think there has to be at least a little neutrality.)

Have to admit, I'm still bothered by this telling quote in the otherwise glowing Motor Trend COTY story: "...
exterior design theme of the Model S as "somewhat safe and conservative," but... beautifully executed design-enhancing proportions, the excellent stance and gesture, and the harmony and grace of its lines... only criticism? "The front end is a missed opportunity to establish brand identity."

To me, in my humble opinion, the nosecone, is just neutral - it doesn't match the beautiful design of the Model S, you could argue that the plastic nosecone detracts from the strong overall design aesthetic. But, t
o update this thread -- lots happening here, we've been seeing some impressive mods to the nosecone as of late.

May have something in the works too on this front - no pun intended...

Recently a few folks have "remixed" their Model S and taken to some creative reworking of the front end:

http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=20456

Has anyone done a full WRAP on their new model S P85 yet? I have... - Page 6

Random Model S sightings - Page 145

After reading through this thread I see lots of strong opinions. A few seem to like the "bling" of the early mesh prototypes while others like the sportier look with fins across the front. I have a vision of my own when I see the front end...there's some beautiful lines created by the LED strip in the headlamps as it comes forward towards the nose cone. The problem now is that this grill is lacking flare and doesn't make the statement that an 100k sports sedan should make.

Hopefully the very talented guys at Teslaccessories come up with a stylish solution to the nose cone snafu. :biggrin: