Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S keyfobs - pickup a possibility?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey,

Im traveling to US for the next three weeks, and figured I’d need to buy a key fob for my S LR 23.

They don’t sell these in Finland, and I hate not being able to easily open trunk and release cable while walking to the car.

But to the question, do you have experience in service centers around Las Vegas/Dallas/Miami, if one could just drive in and buy a fob?

Tried ordering online, the shop wasn’t too informative (and it bugged on my phone), and I have no delivery time estimate - so can’t be sure if delivery will make for my few possible pickup locations (mainly tx week from now).

Once you get a fob, can you get it paired to your car at a Service Center in Finland? Or is that an in-car procedure now with newer cars?

I would suggest getting it shipped to someone you know in the states, and then they can overnight it to you at one of your stops. That way you're not dependent on the Tesla shop shipping schedule. Although in my experience ordering a Wall Connector, those were shipped out within a day or so of ordering.

Good luck.