Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S First Drive Reviews

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I looked to me like they were in a center arm rest that folds down but I couldn't exactly tell either. Good news anyway.

Indeed...
2012-tesla-model-s-05_gallery_image_large.jpg

All of these reviews are so positive. It must be incredibly gratifying to everyone in the Tesla organization. I'm getting almost choked up reading them (no sarcasm at all here). Congratulations to all of you at Tesla!! And especially that "walking ball of Awesome", Elon. Love that!

Did anyone notice this in the Engadget video: when the turn signal light is active, the on screen display of the vehicle blinks along? He was making a left turn, and had a view on the menu with the car showing, and you could see the left turn signal blinking on the display! That's detail!

The Engadget review mentioned a 3G connection.

Wasn't Elon quoted as saying 4G? Is LTE coverage available near the plant?
Dunno what is going on with that, but the reviews do all say 3G.

... Actually the 4G coverage for many carriers is pretty awful in the US. Shouldn't be a big problem for most folks anyhow. I'll only need the bandwidth on the occasional business trip when I'm the driver and somebody else is doing some work. Hmmm.... usually I do the work tho. Should I let somebody else drive?!

Motor Trend - Is that center console area new?

Looking at the pics from the MT article, I saw they had the Obeche wood Lining the entire center console area, along with some vents in it. Is that the new standard? I have to admit, I look it MUCH better than just the carpet there. Makes it look more "finished."

Just curious who will be the first from Tesla Motors Club to review Model S? Is here anybody willing to do similar detailed reviews like this guy did for Fisker Karma?

Fisker Karma: An Owner's Review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnYuO0bGSTc
Fisker Command Center: An Owner's Review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rK8MqjagHu8

Actually it would be interesting to see him to review the Model S.

Thanks for providing these links. I'm surprised at how poor the review is for this vehicle.

Hopefully the Model S's 17" screen will not suffer the same problems as the Fiskar such as: low contrast, difficult to see buttons in the sunlight.

I'm a little concerned about this. What is the general consensus of the Model S's ease-of-viewing the 17" display when in direct sunlight??