Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S eMMC Recall

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2015 MS 85D went to Service Center for eMMC recall on 12/21/2021. Technicians upgraded eMMC and replaced touch screen and navigation module and put 55 miles on car, then claimed it ready for pickup on 12/27. Representative said car had Service Alert when we arrived to pick up vehicle. Service Center kept car until 1/7/22 then delivered it to us with Service Alert GTW-w026 on panel and low tire pressure alert illuminated (Service Center had set tire pressure at 40#, should be 45#).
Representative claimed a lot of diagnostic time but unable to determine fault or fix. Vehicle remains with GTW-w026 Flashing Service Alert. Drives and charges normally. Anyone have any advice?

No idea what that fault is. Try opening a new ticket in the Tesla Phone App. If you have the latest app, it should pull down the exact error code into the ticket. Then the remote team will investigate it prior to the service center. That should get you moving in the right direction.

No idea what that fault is. Try opening a new ticket in the Tesla Phone App. If you have the latest app, it should pull down the exact error code into the ticket. Then the remote team will investigate it prior to the service center. That should get you moving in the right direction.
Vehicle is back in service at second SC. Went in for eMMC recall & came back with lots of problems. Waiting to hear from SC. App is not available when in service. First SC COULD NOT DIAGNOSE!

Fault apparently loose connection at 12V battery. Easily diagnosed & repaired at second SC. Bottom line: car WITH NO PROBLEMS went to Norwell MA SC for eMMC RECALL & was totally screwed up by incompetent personnel, INCLUDING AFORESAID LOOSE CONNECTION. Letter to Palo Alto got immediate action from Norwell. Car was then flatbeded to Dedham where six defects created by Norwell were corrected. Nightmare at Norwell!

Fault apparently loose connection at 12V battery. Easily diagnosed & repaired at second SC. Bottom line: car WITH NO PROBLEMS went to Norwell MA SC for eMMC RECALL & was totally screwed up by incompetent personnel, INCLUDING AFORESAID LOOSE CONNECTION. Letter to Palo Alto got immediate action from Norwell. Car was then flatbeded to Dedham where six defects created by Norwell were corrected. Nightmare at Norwell!
There might not have been an emms malfunction - it’s not at all necessary that the chip fails, it works for many and will work for a long time (even the FMR-revision of the first revision is 12-13" old), just Tesla is reinsured)

Well this is bad news. :( I'm sitting at Norwell now waiting for them to replace my emmc. How long does it take? I've been here 3 hours.

Tesla says 1,5 hrs. Norwell told me 3 days, then screwed car up good! Hope you had better luck.
Took them 6 hours for that and a door handle replacement, so I guess they're getting a bit better, except for the smudges everywhere. But now my Wi-Fi won't download the navigation so I have no navigation. Very upsetting since I use it all the time. I put in another service appointment but I'm hoping they can do an over air update before that.

I'm hoping they can do an over air update before that.
Possibility not, I had this very same situation on my car. It was also eMMC recall and navigation SD card failed to get new navigation. It was actually the other way around - new maps did not download and service decided to get the recall done. It’s quite long wait to get the download completed. Mine took eight hours as they had to reprogram the computer to accommodate navigation data on internal memory and then download to new location, no longer on SD card. Old card was removed for good. Luckily I got loaner.

Possibility not, I had this very same situation on my car. It was also eMMC recall and navigation SD card failed to get new navigation. It was actually the other way around - new maps did not download and service decided to get the recall done. It’s quite long wait to get the download completed. Mine took eight hours as they had to reprogram the computer to accommodate navigation data on internal memory and then download to new location, no longer on SD card. Old card was removed for good. Luckily I got loaner.
8 hours?! Good to know. I'll be sure to let them know I need a loaner and not to schedule me to come in until they have one. Thank you.