Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery today of our Model S long range. Overall it went pretty well. Panel gaps and door alignments were okay to my untrained eye. Rear hatch is definitely slightly higher on the right than the left, but again, not enough to bother me. The only slight issue that we had was the passenger side mirror would not adjust properly. Tesla service advisor came out and looked at it and agreed to swap out the mirror assembly. Took about an hour overall, but with the new mirror it worked fine. Passenger side rear door handle is slightly recessed compared to the others again not a horrific problem. May have Tesla come to my house to adjust at a later date. Sales advisor took note of it on the delivery paperwork.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but can't recess depth of the handles with handle 3.0 now be adjusted in the service calibration menu?

Finally took delivery of my MSLR (White/White/Wheel/19'') the other day. Overall, pretty smooth delivery minus the cleaning job they did. There were dirty hand prints all in the interior that I had them clean and the outside was covered in pollen/dirt, but structure seemed good minus the well noted slightly misaligned trunk.

I do have the super annoying wind noise problem over ~65MPH that I can't seem to pinpoint and fix on my own, so scheduled a service appointment. Comically, nothing is available until May 3rd so I have to slowly go insane for a month I guess to have someone fix it or drive ~3 hours to another SC. I read through other threads here and know its a somewhat common problem on the refresh models, but anyone with a 2023/24 VIN have experience solving this issue? Most of what I've read relates to 2021/22 models.

Reactions: empiredown
Finally took delivery of my MSLR (White/White/Wheel/19'') the other day. Overall, pretty smooth delivery minus the cleaning job they did. There were dirty hand prints all in the interior that I had them clean and the outside was covered in pollen/dirt, but structure seemed good minus the well noted slightly misaligned trunk.

I do have the super annoying wind noise problem over ~65MPH that I can't seem to pinpoint and fix on my own, so scheduled a service appointment. Comically, nothing is available until May 3rd so I have to slowly go insane for a month I guess to have someone fix it or drive ~3 hours to another SC. I read through other threads here and know its a somewhat common problem on the refresh models, but anyone with a 2023/24 VIN have experience solving this issue? Most of what I've read relates to 2021/22 models.
Does it come from the triangle window on the drivers side? I think I've got the same issue. Did you take delivery at Raleigh? Sounds like the same poor delivery experience I had.

Have it (2021 Model S). Pretty sure my rear bench is either not latched down or something similar. My rear latches are still ****ed as well, still creaking and popping. I refuse to tape it - probably had eight or 10 visits addressing them Tesla.
Why refuse to tape it?
Takes a few minutes and fixes the issue. I had to remove and re-apply tape after a year.
Not ideal, but better than dealing with the constant creaking.

Try this guy:

Reactions: fupito
Why refuse to tape it?
Takes a few minutes and fixes the issue. I had to remove and re-apply tape after a year.
Not ideal, but better than dealing with the constant creaking.
Because I am willing to go through the pain and have Tesla continue to see the issue over and over and over again. I know the ultimate resolution will be that it has to be taped (and retaped), but I am hoping (long shot) someone will eventually see the 12 service visits I have already had to address the concern and the concern is still there.

For what it is worth, Tesla taped it and within six months the noise returned. Unlatch the seats and you can see the latch chewed through the tape on the striker. I also posted that at one point, a service advisor took a mallet to striker to “fix” the issue. My cars latches have been abused to say the least.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Does it come from the triangle window on the drivers side? I think I've got the same issue. Did you take delivery at Raleigh? Sounds like the same poor delivery experience I had.
Mine seems to be coming from the passenger side triangle from what I can tell. I'm going to have my girlfriend ride with me on the interstate tonight to see if she can press along the liner and pinpoint it. I checked the liner while parked on both the passenger and driver side and seemed to be sealed well so who knows.

Yeah, took delivery at Raleigh. Guy that notarized the paperwork was nice enough and apologized for the cleaning job, but annoying nonetheless for the price we pay.

When we were driving home from the delivery I was in a separate car driving behind my wife in the Model S. During the cell call I heard an annoying ticking sound during the call. I assumed it was just a bad cellular connection as it would come in and out. Last night I drove the Model S and a friend called me to see how I liked the new car. He asked me "what is that ticking noise? It sounds like someone is doing morse code!" so while I was driving I could notice a slight rattle that was coming from above my left ear. I pushed up slightly on the trim between the A and B pillars. When I did that the ever so slight rattle went a way as well as the ticking on the other end of the phone call. The noise on the cell call was amplified by the microphone in the car. Has anyone else in this forum experienced this when speaking to someone on the cell phone while driving the car?

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
I went with their stealth PPF + Fusion ceramic coating but I’ll definitely want to try out the Fusion PPF when I get bored of the matte look!View attachment 1035237
Love the Matte look, but unfrotunately my wife does not...and, since this is her car, she won. Congrats, looks awesome. I pick up my Silverado EV in May (have my production date of 4/29), so likely getting it done in black matte.

• Love
Reactions: Yoke
I have those too, I'm ignoring them. 🤷

Tesla quality for a $90k car.
I have no seat wrinkles, no issues with alignment, no paint chips, or anything. The only problem I had was an error about camera's out of alignment and a small scratch on the charge port door. Everything else looked great. They replaced the charge port door and fixed the camera alignment and everything has been good otherwise.

I have no seat wrinkles, no issues with alignment, no paint chips, or anything. The only problem I had was an error about camera's out of alignment and a small scratch on the charge port door. Everything else looked great. They replaced the charge port door and fixed the camera alignment and everything has been good otherwise.
That's good. I have all the issues. Bad panel alignments, chipped paint, wrinkled seats, curbed wheel, damaged underbody, hammered hinge, poorly aligned doors, poorly aligned handles....

• Informative
Reactions: aerodyne and ck1891
Because I am willing to go through the pain and have Tesla continue to see the issue over and over and over again. I know the ultimate resolution will be that it has to be taped (and retaped), but I am hoping (long shot) someone will eventually see the 12 service visits I have already had to address the concern and the concern is still there.

For what it is worth, Tesla taped it and within six months the noise returned. Unlatch the seats and you can see the latch chewed through the tape on the striker. I also posted that at one point, a service advisor took a mallet to striker to “fix” the issue. My cars latches have been abused to say the least.
Slight chance that improves things. They seem to know exactly what causes the issue and in over 2 years they haven't fixed it. You'd think a slight component redesign to make it a little tighter or the latch a little more springy is all that's necessary.

Mine seems to be coming from the passenger side triangle from what I can tell. I'm going to have my girlfriend ride with me on the interstate tonight to see if she can press along the liner and pinpoint it. I checked the liner while parked on both the passenger and driver side and seemed to be sealed well so who knows.

Yeah, took delivery at Raleigh. Guy that notarized the paperwork was nice enough and apologized for the cleaning job, but annoying nonetheless for the price we pay.
That's what it the latch issue sounds like it's coming from. That's where I thought my noise was coming from, but it was the latch.
Have you tried adding some felt tape to the seat striker?