Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How did you do ACH? That option is not provided.

I made a separate bank account for Tesla purchases/Supercharger charging, etc. My hope is to take my own laptop to my delivery appointment and once provided Tesla's bank routing information, log in to my bank on my device and direct my bank to do a ACH transfer. Or I'm fine to give Tesla my account details and they can pull it. It will be funded only as necessary, with a buffer of course.
Anything insane with that idea? :)

I like this option. So pay by the app before looking at it. Then if we reject it the money automatically goes back in our account?
I prefer to bring a check and not hand it over until I have finished looking over the car. That way if I'm not accepting it, there's no question that I'm leaving with my money.

The simple way for me was to give the SA a cashier's check made out the way they wanted it, have him hold it while I inspect the car.

Helping with another delivery for a friend, they had the car shut down a mile from the store. They were able to get their check back. Not sure how that would work with ACH or Plaid.

Just got the text prompting me to schedule delivery where it's only giving me a home delivery option even though the DS in the app said it would be for a Fremont pickup. Sent a message and now have to wait for them to sort the mess out.
So you got a VIN after me and get to schedule delivery before me? :)

I guess not having to ship the car across the country helps.

Reactions: iHateWaiting
So you got a VIN after me and get to schedule delivery before me? :)

I guess not having to ship the car across the country helps.

Even more perplexing, I pay the destination regardless but it costs them nothing to let me pick up in Fremont vs the expense of shipping it to me. I think they prefer this because you're less likely to reject if it's sitting in front of your house. At that point, they have your money and they don't have the car even if you didn't accept it in the app. You still have to deal with them picking it up.

The DS already replied. Now showing Fremont pickup location. Literally only giving me tomorrow and Tuesday as choices with no dates further out available. Not sure what I'm going to do about my PPF guy. The last time I got a vin more than a week before the delivery schedule prompt. This feels like it might have just been a customer reject.

The DS already replied. Now showing Fremont pickup location. Literally only giving me tomorrow and Tuesday as choices with no dates further out available. Not sure what I'm going to do about my PPF guy. The last time I got a vin more than a week before the delivery schedule prompt. This feels like it might have just been a customer reject.
You can ask when it was built. Mine was built 2/20/24. I'm guessing yours was in the same batch, since they are the same exact configuration and the same VIN number range.

• Informative
Reactions: sorka
Not really,
Fremont is churning Ultra reds like crazy right now.

Reactions: RyanC1384 and sorka