Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm going to be pissed if my price goes up when my VIN is assigned. The app and tesla.com still show the original order price from Jan 1. So far the EDD still says Feb 16 - March 22.
My MSLR order is the same EDD window as your MSP. Makes me think they're assuming they'll be on the same transport to Raleigh, so maybe they have both of our VINs about sorted and in the delivery schedule. Can always dream at least

Reactions: n2mb_racing
I'm going to be pissed if my price goes up when my VIN is assigned. The app and tesla.com still show the original order price from Jan 1. So far the EDD still says Feb 16 - March 22.

My MSLR order is the same EDD window as your MSP. Makes me think they're assuming they'll be on the same transport to Raleigh, so maybe they have both of our VINs about sorted and in the delivery schedule. Can always dream at least
Same. MSP UR White 19, delivery window pushed back (actually just narrowed on both ends) Feb 12-Mar 4. Price same.

Cannot figure Tesla MSP pricing strategy: when I ordered mid-December, all colors were no up-charge. I tried configuring a new one just now, and every color except stealth grey had an up-charge: $1500 or $2500 for red. Strangely, stealth grey which was the color I still wanted so the price for my config was the same. I doubt the paint product for any colors changed.
Anybody have insight to this? Just curious.

Cannot figure Tesla MSP pricing strategy: when I ordered mid-December, all colors were no up-charge. I tried configuring a new one just now, and every color except stealth grey had an up-charge: $1500 or $2500 for red. Strangely, stealth grey which was the color I still wanted so the price for my config was the same. I doubt the paint product for any colors changed.
Anybody have insight to this? Just curious.

They wanted to raise the price but if they did, they'd have to raise the base price of the X as well eliminating the tax edition X. Gray is the least chosen paint option so this is free leaving them to charge more for cars that have more desirable paint colors without actually raising the base price.

Reactions: dsm363
They wanted to raise the price but if they did, they'd have to raise the base price of the X as well eliminating the tax edition X. Gray is the least chosen paint option so this is free leaving them to charge more for cars that have more desirable paint colors without actually raising the base price.
Hmm, I wonder how many would actually be willing to pay effectively $10k to get a different color on the X. I can't imagine it's a large number

Just a few additional pics from delivery day (yesterday).

Attachments

• tempImageXSBFXO.png
    tempImageXSBFXO.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • tempImage5QStWE.png
    tempImage5QStWE.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • tempImageD9fmMf.png
    tempImageD9fmMf.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Wow. FSD transfer is back. Yet again not in Canada. Come on now - if I'm set to have been waiting 5 months, give me the transfer....
I checked with my Tesla guy in Canada he says its available in Canada as well, FSD transfer.

Just spoke to the mothership...
No update to an EDD for my 23 DEC '23 order yet, but they 'intend to deliver my car by the end of this quarter.' No change to pricing (UR still free; although trade-in value dropped a bit IAW with "robbing me to pay Elon" I reckon...).
And best news, FSD transfer is a valid thing, even applies to orders before this weekend and the verbiage is in-line with what has been shown/discussed. Applicable to deliveries from 3 FEB to 31 MAR. Was sent a form to fill-out/agree to the transfer from our Y to the S when time comes... Now here is hoping they do get it built/delivered by 31 MAR...

Further to this. Received another updated Order Agreement tonight (my third; Original, one after the 5 Jan modification for EPA changes, and now this for the FSD transfer). EAP was removed, all other prices remain the same as the original order... fingers remain crossed.

Call your Service/Delivery center, get through the menu to New Car Sales, talk to a human/tell them what you want. They will need to send you a form/process a request. The move from old vehicle to new vehicle happens before you actually pick the new one up. I wouldn't try and do this at delivery day, but that may be possible. Once they process you, you should get a new Order Agreement based on the change, like I did. Good luck/keep us apprised!