Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I cannot agree with this more. I’m not a Tesla enthusiast although I’ve wanted one for a long time. I don’t follow what’s going with Tesla at all times. The lack of information on when I will actually get a car and what is going on is just astounding. If I hadn’t stumbled unto this thread from google, I’d probably have cancelled my order by now because the lack of information does not work for me.

Reactions: iHateWaiting
I cannot agree with this more. I’m not a Tesla enthusiast although I’ve wanted one for a long time. I don’t follow what’s going with Tesla at all times. The lack of information on when I will actually get a car and what is going on is just astounding. If I hadn’t stumbled unto this thread from google, I’d probably have cancelled my order by now because the lack of information does not work for me.

Unfortunately this extends into the ownership experience as well.

Was just looking through Tesla-info.com's US inventory data out of curiosity.

232 Total MS inventory (New + Demo) which is up somewhat since the 2024's have been appearing in the count.

86 Total New MS (2023 + 2024)
146 Total Demo MS (2023 only, no 2024 yet)

58 Total 2024's now, all Long Range, all counted as New (0 Demo)

Looking at Plaid only,
84 Total Plaids in inventory, all 2023.
22 are New Plaids
62 are Demo Plaids

Seems that way on a lot of EV companies. I think Lucid provides even less information than Tesla. They companies really need to have marketing or better marketing. Only would help them sell cars more.

Reactions: teko and dn325ci
Hi guys. New to the online community. Leased a Model 3 back in 2021 for the sole purpose of the carpool sticker, thinking I'd hate it (I'm a huge gear head). Needless to say, I ended up falling in love with it, and placed an order for a Model S Plaid. I ended up developing an unhealthy obsession with the incredibly gimmicky nature of model year VINS. I had no idea this was a thing until last week. Here is my experience so far:

-Order placed on 12/13/2023
-Received EDD of February-March 3rd 2024
-Required to resubmit my order on 1/6/2024.
-I walked into a Tesla dealer on 1/19/2024, the sales rep looked up my RN and confirmed that my MSP was not been in production.
-My EDD actually went DOWN. Now it's showing 1/29/2024-2/19/2024.

Since the car wasn't in production (and still may not be in production) on 1/19/2024, is it painfully obvious to assume that since the car is being built in 2024, it HAS to be a 2024VIN?

Hi guys. New to the online community. Leased a Model 3 back in 2021 for the sole purpose of the carpool sticker, thinking I'd hate it (I'm a huge gear head). Needless to say, I ended up falling in love with it, and placed an order for a Model S Plaid. I ended up developing an unhealthy obsession with the incredibly gimmicky nature of model year VINS. I had no idea this was a thing until last week. Here is my experience so far:

-Order placed on 12/13/2023
-Received EDD of February-March 3rd 2024
-Required to resubmit my order on 1/6/2024.
-I walked into a Tesla dealer on 1/19/2024, the sales rep looked up my RN and confirmed that my MSP was not been in production.
-My EDD actually went DOWN. Now it's showing 1/29/2024-2/19/2024.

Since the car wasn't in production (and still may not be in production) on 1/19/2024, is it painfully obvious to assume that since the car is being built in 2024, it HAS to be a 2024VIN?
That is assuming they do not match him with an inventory that they "magically" make show up in their region. But fate is better on your side right now to get a 2024.

That is assuming they do not match him with an inventory that they "magically" make show up in their region. But fate is better on your side right now to get a 2024.
Does this actually happen? That would be ridiculous. I'm assuming people would cancel their order and create a new one right on the fly to guarantee a MY24, right? Are there drawbacks in doing this? I don't care about losing the $250 deposit.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Does this actually happen? That would be ridiculous. I'm assuming people would cancel their order and create a new one right on the fly to guarantee a MY24, right? Are there drawbacks in doing this? I don't care about losing the $250 deposit.
Haha. On que. Yes you can cancel but the problem is if you reorder and the car is still in inventory you will get matched up with the same 2023 again and again and again. Ask me how I know... 😅

You have to make sure there are no 2023 cars in your exact configuration in inventory before placing your order. I think if you don't see any inventory right now you should be okay. I'm in the same boat. I had the same car I assigned to me three times. I just took my order off hold because they told me that 2023 has been sold...

Long time, no post! Ordering our second S. MSP/UR/BW/19 just moved from Feb-Mar to a more concrete date of Feb 6-27th.

Hopefully that means they’ve restarted production! Excited to grab mine, with or without the upgrades.

side note, i was the guy on reddit who found the sports seats in the service manual. I keep checking both that + connector references + other models info. Nothing yet. There is about a 50ish number hole between the next lowest visible correction code for the seats and the next highest compared to the one for the doc i pulled (14031112) so it does appear that they probably still exist! My personal theory is they are waiting to debut them with the launch of the 3 Performance.

maybe another interesting nugget, maybe not: Location data for the photo of the seat places it in a warehouse slightly outside of the fremont factory.

Attachments

• AE6BB13B-AE43-4329-876D-291E4C21EF76.jpeg
    AE6BB13B-AE43-4329-876D-291E4C21EF76.jpeg
    251.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 3F5F648F-AF19-460C-9E99-26123D4F59A9.jpeg
    3F5F648F-AF19-460C-9E99-26123D4F59A9.jpeg
    336.2 KB · Views: 10
It seems very unlikely that I could get an MSRP in February since I just ordered and there are undoubtedly many orders ahead of me going all the way back to early December. If the EDD is even remotely accurate, only thing I can think of is they prioritize slightly based on pickup location i.e in this case Fremont.