Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone want to place bets on when we'll actually see the very first 2024 VIN ("R" in the 10th VIN digit as "Q" is not allowed in VINs)?

I'll start: February 12th.

And with that we'll see the return of the center horn pad (FINALLY!) and perhaps the front bumper camera, and ____________________?

But these are all just wild guesses so who knows!
I don't think they are making MS currently and my estimate is that they will start making them Monday, January 15th.

To those who have used a "hold", how does it actually work?

Meaning do you simply message Tesla and say "I have decided to use the 14 day hold" to begin a hold? Is a reason needed? Does the assigned VIN get deassociated from your reservation immediately? How do you come off from hold early? Do you come off hold automatically at day 14? Any other things to know?

Thanks
You can message and ask for a hold. No reason required. The vin number assigned will be removed. You can manually end the hold early, or it will automatically end after 14 days. However, if the same car is still available, you might get assigned it again. Save a screenshot of your vin before the hold so you can at least complain that it's the same car again. They won't do anything about it, but nice to know.

Reactions: rugar760
You can message and ask for a hold. No reason required. The vin number assigned will be removed. You can manually end the hold early, or it will automatically end after 14 days. However, if the same car is still available, you might get assigned it again. Save a screenshot of your vin before the hold so you can at least complain that it's the same car again. They won't do anything about it, but nice to know.
Thanks!

Last Q. Any idea what happens to the vehicle in the meantime? e.g. sits in inventory lot for anyone to test drive and hopefully buy?

Camissa isn’t a brochure lol. I definitely trust him more than a self avowed Tesla fanboy
Jason isn't the issue. It's trusting the pre-production car he was handed by Lucid. Do you think the race in the video I posted was somehow staged? You keep going on about not being able to trust a self proclaimed fanboy. Do you think he somehow managed to arrange the Sapphire to run nearly a full second slower than Lucid claims?

Reactions: Yelobird
Jason isn't the issue. It's trusting the pre-production car he was handed by Lucid. Do you think the race in the video I posted was somehow staged? You keep going on about not being able to trust a self proclaimed fanboy. Do you think he somehow managed to arrange the Sapphire to run nearly a full second slower than Lucid claims?
It’s pretty easy to make any car run slower than peak capability… so yes. Whether accidental or intentional, I don’t know.

I'd guess conditions weren't ideal and the sapphires tires didn't hook. The plaid was also lightened by 170 lbs.... So, not quite fair.

Which we all know would slow the same Plaid down by 0.1 to 0.15 seconds. The Sapphire loss was FAR wider than that and more importantly almost a second slower than Lucid claims. This was a prepped dry track. Yes it was cold outside but the track was dry. And my previous statement about 500+ runs was wrong. It's 850+ runs on the original battery.

Reactions: Yelobird
So do you think it was intentional for all 3 races? And the question I asked which you didn't answer is, since trusting Andrew is your issue, do you think HE arranged the Sapphire to run badly in all 3 races?
I literally said I don’t know if it’s accidental or intentional. But yes, I do think it’s possible he arranged it for views.

I literally said I don’t know if it’s accidental or intentional. But yes, I do think it’s possible he arranged it for views.

Andrew has huge respect in the community and has just as readily posted his losses as well as his victories. Also, if you actually watched the video and saw the conversation and the reactions of the Sapphire owner, you wouldn't believe for a second that he was "in" on some sort of deception.