Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1) Someone screwed up making the “Pull Tag” on the FOB’s. There is a pull tab to make the battery make contract. It just refused to pull out. Even after removing the cover it still wouldn’t come out. I had to pry the battery out with a screwdriver. Geesh.

40) Setting up KeyCards and FOB was a little goofy and a confusing. Now I get it. They were already there, added to the car, but you still had to scan them once to active the slots already present. I had a Model 3 with cards before.

I agree on the FOB battery pull tags. Called Support and they didn't know what to do. I discovered you tear off the perforated end and pull the other end through. But it is very hard to pull and feels wrong.

and where is that 12V power receptacle?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
I agree on the FOB battery pull tags. Called Support and they didn't know what to do. I discovered you tear off the perforated end and pull the other end through. But it is very hard to pull and feels wrong.

and where is that 12V power receptacle?
It’s between the two USB-C plugs in the deep middle cubby on the rearward wall.

So...8 weeks to go till my Hold is up..

I'll accept I might have vibration issues on the LR, but will not stand for phantom braking on the new vision system. Anyone without radar have this?

Minor nits I'd like input on, from those like @VikH that took delivery recently:

Seat wrinkles

Mismatched rear left door lower edge and interior trim.

Missing trunk covers

Missing ANR and ambient lights

"Bottom of a coke bottle" glass on IC.

Hard closing doors

Reverse lighting "Feature" in center cubby

Thanks in advance...

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
So...8 weeks to go till my Hold is up..

I'll accept I might have vibration issues on the LR, but will not stand for phantom braking on the new vision system. Anyone without radar have this?

Minor nits I'd like input on, from those like @VikH that took delivery recently:

Seat wrinkles

Mismatched rear left door lower edge and interior trim.

Missing trunk covers

Missing ANR and ambient lights

"Bottom of a coke bottle" glass on IC.

Hard closing doors

Reverse lighting "Feature" in center cubby

Thanks in advance...
See my post above. My delivery was flawless. ANR should come on all refresh as soon as you get a recent update.

I need to face the fact it might vibrate too. My X had it and I could live with it. But it defeats having a high end EV.

My doors seem fine. Partly because I’m so used to the X soft closing they often require attention(a second close ;) They also might need a little break in. I think they are fine. Since they are aluminum they don’t have as much mass when you swing them closed. But have the same amount of gaskets to compress.

Phantom braking. I think a lot of complaints are NOT on the the express way. It used to be much worse in the express way. You also have be aware that if a lane is merging in and they are far in front, to the side, or way behind. The car may UNNECESSARILY brake to let them in. You learn to anticipate that and can get out of that right lane, stay out if right lane or hit throttle. It’s just a weakness of AutoPilot that it never accelerates to avoid conflict. And it’s overly conservative that a conflict could occur.

My X had FSD Beta (no radar). Did 300 miles Friday. And AutoPilot was absolutely flawless. Even corrected for an error in my lack of attention.

Now you need to EXCLUDE city driving. Neither FSD Beta or normal FSD can do city streets properly. PERIOD. And it’s not like Tesla is hiding that. Not ready, not supported.

Drove home with New S. Had to wait for calibration. So only got like 20 miles on AP. And on the highway it felt fine. And autowipers were not half bad either. But I’ve been fooled by that before. Nighttime auto wipers are where trouble starts.

I was concerned getting an end of quarter car. But it looks fantastic. Best I’ve seen from Tesla.

Now the firmer ride is still out for debate. I need to take a trip to fully assess and I want my ANC to (which I know is a small improvement). I think road noise makes a firm ride feel firmer than it really is.

I’m tempted to try my Model X OEM snows on the S. Which are too big, but I want to see how much tires effect it and how much I should invest in alternative tires.

Last edited: