Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would guess that since they are used as an indicator of suspension movement, they serve a double duty for dampening and send signal to the ANC road noise is happening. I would like to think that these accelerometers work in coordination with a microphone! How adjustable is this system as Tesla must do this for every different wheel and tire combination they offer acts differently?
I had assumed that the microphone was in the seat tops and operated more or less like noise cancelling headphones. To learn that they are trying to correlate the phase of vibration from accelerometers at remote suspension locations seems very “ambitious”.

I had assumed that the microphone was in the seat tops and operated more or less like noise cancelling headphones. To learn that they are trying to correlate the phase of vibration from accelerometers at remote suspension locations seems very “ambitious”.
Much agree with that. Understandably, NC headphones are an easier environment to control with a separation of speaker and microphone. The cabin of a car must be very difficult to control. What they should do is put an accelerometer on the differential housing where the inner CV joint attaches to monitor it's vibrations on cars with the vibration problem.🤔
Would be interesting to see the sensor output when vibrations are induced.. I know, there is another thread for this...

Much agree with that. Understandably, NC headphones are an easier environment to control with a separation of speaker and microphone. The cabin of a car must be very difficult to control. What they should do is put an accelerometer on the differential housing where the inner CV joint attaches to monitor it's vibrations on cars with the vibration problem.🤔
Would be interesting to see the sensor output when vibrations are induced.. I know, there is another thread for this...
Correlating vibration in a suspension component to the cancelling signal in the cabin within a 1/4 wavelength and get the amplitude correct? I wouldn’t sign up for that project.

Correlating vibration in a suspension component to the cancelling signal in the cabin within a 1/4 wavelength and get the amplitude correct? I wouldn’t sign up for that project.
Exactly. When the noise becomes obnoxious such as in the video it screams as being out of phase. There almost has to be a microphone used in conjunction with the accelerometers, perhaps serving double duty as the one used for phone conversations. Some say calls are not as good ass they should be. Perhaps there is a correlation?

Reactions: EndlessPlaid
For those with non stock wheel tire combinations that want no ANCR you could remove the back panel to your seats and pull the connector to the headrest speakers. With all the posts complaining about this system being quieter when off, brand new with the factory wheels and tires, I wonder if this system works just fine and it is not properly set up at the factory. According to what we know so far, changes to wheels, tires, brakes and suspension offsets the as factory settings. So, is there only one setting from the factory?
I would not recommend disconnecting ANCR as Telsa may provide future software updates.

So, may have missed a discussion on this...

With the recent price increases, I'll be paying 10k less than the current price for a non plaid LR.

That plus the recent uptick in orders, I'm considering flipping the car delivery in May.

Apart for endless cycle of being caught between FOMO and FUD, I'm wondering if Elons actions and company he keeps, are a indication of the future quality of the MS and MX.

OTOH, I'd like to at least drive and sit in a refresh refresh refresh for a few days. I think I deserve it.

I wonder what a new MS would be worth on the market now, with say 50 miles on it?

came across this on Facebook, they are still pushing out really old VIN #.
FC592B5E-506E-47CF-AA60-4DC03D7C29A2.png

So, may have missed a discussion on this...

With the recent price increases, I'll be paying 10k less than the current price for a non plaid LR.

That plus the recent uptick in orders, I'm considering flipping the car delivery in May.

Apart for endless cycle of being caught between FOMO and FUD, I'm wondering if Elons actions and company he keeps, are a indication of the future quality of the MS and MX.

OTOH, I'd like to at least drive and sit in a refresh refresh refresh for a few days. I think I deserve it.

I wonder what a new MS would be worth on the market now, with day 50 miles on it?
Are you considering all the tax implications?

You know I’ve been waiting 18 months, not all that different from yourself. Is flipping cars really what you want to spend your time on in retirement?

Enjoy the car. It’s light years better than anything else on the road. When you tire of it or a new variant comes out with ‘must haves’, sell it then.

Also, not sure if Tesla would be happy with you. Read somewhere they have a high disregard for flips. Have no idea how true that may be.

Besides, you and I still need to do a few videos racing a Plaid against an LR on a runway. Even if it has been done. Just for fun. We do deserve that . :)

Are you considering all the tax implications?

You know I’ve been waiting 18 months, not all that different from yourself. Is flipping cars really what you want to spend your time on in retirement?

Enjoy the car. It’s light years better than anything else on the road. When you tire of it or a new variant comes out with ‘must haves’, sell it then.

Also, not sure if Tesla would be happy with you. Read somewhere they have a high disregard for flips. Have no idea how true that may be.

Besides, you and I still need to do a few videos racing a Plaid against an LR on a runway. Even if it has been done. Just for fun. We do deserve that . :)

Not doing it for the money, as long as I am close to breaking even. Taxes are about 10-11%, my cost is 94Kish.

If Tesla is not happy with me, I'm not happy with them either. They can ban me like RichRebuilds, I'll just get a family member to buy the next one if I have too. My next car could be used, I'm Ok with that.

I could just let someone else have it, done that before (Anyone here have a yearning for red/cream/walnut?) and rent one on Turo, but I'd really like to have some time with the car in the garage, fully understand it, as my next car will likely be another MS. It could also be that I prefer my nose cone car.

The runway I have access to is pretty narrow, too narrow for two big girls side by side. El Mirage dry lake is a better option.

They have perfected the fart noises now, so what else is Sound Engineering going to be doing in the near future?