Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah it's kinda like giving up and assuming that oh well I guess charging will take longer forever lol. Interesting viewpoint.
Yeah, it seems backward to me. I could see this possibly working if it was customer driven. Like, hey, charging is so fast but I have a burning desire to sit in an Audi lounge and do some work or chit chat. Like an airline club. But I don't know anyone that goes to the airport to hang out at the club.

Software update worked the second time. ARNR is present, though it wasn't in the release notes. Will drive it today and see if I can tell a difference.
The 2022's come with both active and passive noise reduction. Page 237 in the manual.
1640200489526.png

Landing squarely in the "answer to a question nobody asked" category, Audi has opened their reservation only, 6-chargers handling up to 80 cars per day, keep-you-at-the-charging-station-as-long-as-possible-but-not-too-long model. I understand it's an experimental model, but perhaps trying to solve how to get people charged and on their way as quickly as pumping fuel seems the more appropriate challenge to address.

agreed, i can't see myself using that or a tesla equivalent, UNLESS i'm on the road, need to charge, and need to get work done. otherwise, for work, there are starbucks, etc. and for charging, well, a supercharger will do ya.
Wally's is the ONLY place i've heard of in the US for "destination gassing" and i can see that converting to chargers easily.
but otherwise, i imagine (i have to imagine) i'd want to get in, get out, maybe a bathroom break and maybe some coffee.
i did have a client years ago who had one of the first S's with unlimited charging, so he'd plan his drive home to charge and read a newspaper.

Yeah, it seems backward to me. I could see this possibly working if it was customer driven. Like, hey, charging is so fast but I have a burning desire to sit in an Audi lounge and do some work or chit chat. Like an airline club. But I don't know anyone that goes to the airport to hang out at the club.
agreed, and frankly, if this "club" was so great, you could charge, move the car, and then hang out there anyway.

Just picked up - i think i got lucky for the most part. No major defects to note. I did not get the parcel shelf as they did not have, so once it arrives they will let me know. Used the checklist and for the most part all is well. No seat wrinkles, paint looks good all around. I just had a window trim molding on the driver side that didn't quite go all the way over to the edge of the door but it's not a big deal in the grand scheme. No shuttering either around 30-50. Lastly, one thing that was missing was the screw underneath the folding mirrors, lol Geeez.
'22 model year.

Attachments

• IMG_3757 (1).jpg
    IMG_3757 (1).jpg
    57 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_3753 (1).jpg
    IMG_3753 (1).jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3750.jpg
    IMG_3750.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 69
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 82
agreed, and frankly, if this "club" was so great, you could charge, move the car, and then hang out there anyway.
Yeah, so many companies are obsessed with building an "experience". But the experience can be very nice, and more appropriate, if it's quick, easy, clean, safe, convenient. I don't need to have some sort of lounge type of experience when I charge my car. And make a reservation to have that experience. It actually sounds kind of horrible.

Plus if you already paid for it...doesnt the date count as 2021 regardless (date of payment). Not that there will be tax credits anyway..
for accounting purposes and financial statement purposes they have to deliver the car to the customer to count it as a 2021 delivery. Collecting the money just creates a liability.

agreed, i can't see myself using that or a tesla equivalent, UNLESS i'm on the road, need to charge, and need to get work done. otherwise, for work, there are starbucks, etc. and for charging, well, a supercharger will do ya.
Wally's is the ONLY place i've heard of in the US for "destination gassing" and i can see that converting to chargers easily.
but otherwise, i imagine (i have to imagine) i'd want to get in, get out, maybe a bathroom break and maybe some coffee.
i did have a client years ago who had one of the first S's with unlimited charging, so he'd plan his drive home to charge and read a newspaper.

It seems I am in the minority but I would use it and pay a penny or two for it. It is about the experience - that is the Audi buyer. On about half my charging trips, I would have loved to have this kind of a stop over the Meijer or worse.

My mother has an E-Tron (loves it) and they do not travel as much as I do. But when they do, they will not be in a hurry and would prefer a (perceptually) safer stop, no ICE'ing potential, very convenient food/facilities, and a great higher end experience. This would be right for them.

Not sure they will be financially feasible in the US but I would try them.

Update on my car. My previous post said no glass distortion, unfortunately today it is clear that isn't true. The bottom of the rear window distorts a lot. It is probably the bottom 1 inch. I am not sure what to do about it, might be worth a service request.

Also, the rear passenger windows have distortion in the back ~20%. Again, not sure if it is worth messing with. But it is there and real. Thankfully it seems the windshield is distortion free.

Also, I mentioned before the front doors are hard to close, it is really a thing. I am not sure what can be done, but you really need to put some force into closing them.

Update on my car. My previous post said no glass distortion, unfortunately today it is clear that isn't true. The bottom of the rear window distorts a lot. It is probably the bottom 1 inch. I am not sure what to do about it, might be worth a service request.

Also, the rear passenger windows have distortion in the back ~20%. Again, not sure if it is worth messing with. But it is there and real. Thankfully it seems the windshield is distortion free.

Also, I mentioned before the front doors are hard to close, it is really a thing. I am not sure what can be done, but you really need to put some force into closing them.
And the hits keep on coming...

I now have the HVAC cooing sound. I really don't think it was there yesterday. And the left button panel on the yoke is making a static sound. Going to fire off a service request with the list of issues I guess. Are these still unresolved or are people getting things fixed?