Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't needed to have winter tires on any of my cars and never had a single issue. Wife's model Y also is just fine with all season tires. Guess I'll have to figure it out as I take delivery. Driving straight to ppf shop so would give me a week to figure it out
just be careful - in cold and snow there is a pretty big difference even between all season, all weather, and snow in terms of stopping distance.

I think it's going to look super sexy and certainly unique. I was going to do a full ppf wrap regardless so stealth for matte is just a cherry on top.
It will be stunning for sure. I would like to do the stealth warp on white to give it even more of a pearl-like finish, but got vetoed by my better half.....

On Nov 5th they changed my Nov 4-24 EDD to changed to Nov 8-Dec 1, today they again changed to Nov 13-27.. narrowing from 3 to 2 weeks.. no VIN yet.. can someone tell me how many days before final delivery timeframe the VIN is posted to the account.

MSLR Red/Black/19/FSD - May 2021 order
3 1/2 weeks for an east coast order. VIN 10/29, delivery scheduled for 11/17.

Took delivery of my new car yesterday, thankfully only a few minor issues detected so far: left trunk slightly out of alignment, some strange frunk gasket fit issues on one side. No yoke vein, no seat wrinkles, glass distortions or other problems others have had.

Should I learn to live with the trunk alignment or get a service appointment for it?

Haven't driven much yet, steering with the yoke hasn't been a problem so far but can see how engaging the turn signals in a roundabout or pressing the horn in a panic situation could be a problem.

Any frustrations during my 5 month wait have been quickly forgotten now that I have the car. Huge improvement in interior quality, handling, and noise reduction when compared to my 2015 S85D.
she's perty. you might be able to align the trunk yourself by unscrewing a little bit the round rubber footing inside your trunk base...

3 1/2 weeks for an east coast order. VIN 10/29, delivery scheduled for 11/17.
I am hoping my VIN will be assinged this coming week, if the EDD doesn't push further. Today the advisor returned my call, said they can't say when the VIN will be assigned as they do not have access to the application (any more) from where they could see the VIN assignment date erliear.

I am hoping my VIN will be assinged this coming week, if the EDD doesn't push further. Today the advisor returned my call, said they can't say when the VIN will be assigned as they do not have access to the application (any more) from where they could see the VIN assignment date erliear.
At the time I received my VIN I was 10 days out from the beginning of my latest EDD spread. Only variable you have to contend with is the fact you are west coast. Recent history seemed to lend that west coast orders were held for EOQ. Assuming due to the ease of logistics during the push.

At the time I received my VIN I was 10 days out from the beginning of my latest EDD spread. Only variable you have to contend with is the fact you are west coast. Recent history seemed to lend that west coast orders were held for EOQ. Assuming due to the ease of logistics during the push.
Talked to my SA today about how I'd prefer not to get caught up in the end of quarter and especially end of year s***show. She said it's end of quarter all the time now.

Talked to my SA today about how I'd prefer not to get caught up in the end of quarter and especially end of year s***show. She said it's end of quarter all the time now.

I had one tell me this too. I also had one tell me that "we've been producing the model s for 10 years and have worked out all of the kinks... I've been in the new Model s multiple times and delivered some, they have no issues".

The variability in the quality is what is mind-blowing. Some of them turn out pretty great and then others are complete garbage. What the f***?

Last edited:
For the very first time my delivery date moved up, or to be more specific the second date moved up. It said Nov 10 to Dec 8, now it says Nov 10 to Nov 22.

I am hoping this is a good sign that i will actually be getting the car by Thanksgiving, which is what my SA said about two months ago.

Ordered a black/black LR with 21s. Located in So Cal.

Anybody else have this happen before?

For the very first time my delivery date moved up, or to be more specific the second date moved up. It said Nov 10 to Dec 8, now it says Nov 10 to Nov 22.

I am hoping this is a good sign that i will actually be getting the car by Thanksgiving, which is what my SA said about two months ago.

Ordered a black/black LR with 21s. Located in So Cal.

Anybody else have this happen before?
I got my VIN 5 days after my EDD went to two weeks. Then delivery set for two weeks after that on east coast.