Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those that have followed Elon’s gambits for a much longer time than myself, does he seem to be getting more impulsive over time? I am genuinely curious.

Teslas made in Texas will likely have to leave the state before Texans can buy them
My guess is that success and fame have possibly emboldened Elon to be more impetuous, but fortunately there are some headstrong folks on Tesla's BOD (Ellison, Denholm for starters) with the ability to reign him in. For the most part, anyway...

I think we have way too much drama here for my taste. With so many folks in the world going without enough food, or without a job; good folks who are hurting and us here, whose families have enough; we who have $100,000 or so to buy a car we want, but don’t need, are complaining.
I am thankful to be in a position to spend the money and so thankful that there are people at Tesla who work night and day to give us the opportunity to buy, arguably, the finest car in the world. Give them a break. If it takes a little longer for them to get it right, I thank them for their dedication. I waited three years for my Model 3 and 4+ months so far for my refreshed LRS.
As for Elon... I think he is doing a fabulous job...producing the best electric cars in the world...for us to buy. Thank you Elon!

I’m not sure where the monkey reference came from (maybe monkey on your back? ie addiction?) but maybe it should be a cat, since that was on the window sticker.
There is a general belief in the community that Elon’s neuralink monkey is in charge of delivery dates ... hence the random and often changing situation ... he plays ping pong and assigns the delivery dates through his thoughts ... sounds crazy but that’s what this forum does to you 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think we have way too much drama here for my taste. With so many folks in the world going without enough food, or without a job; good folks who are hurting and us here, whose families have enough; we who have $100,000 or so to buy a car we want, but don’t need, are complaining.
I am thankful to be in a position to spend the money and so thankful that there are people at Tesla who work night and day to give us the opportunity to buy, arguably, the finest car in the world. Give them a break. If it takes a little longer for them to get it right, I thank them for their dedication. I waited three years for my Model 3 and 4+ months so far for my refreshed LRS.
As for Elon... I think he is doing a fabulous job...producing the best electric cars in the world...for us to buy. Thank you Elon!
Well said. Elon has changed the auto industry. His dedication has made a positive impact on our environment. I give the guy and his company a huge amount of credit. I have solar panels along with Tesla batteries and soon I wii have my first electric car powered by the sun. Thanks Elon.

Reactions: T-Racer and josahua
Not to get too overtly mushy about things but perhaps we should also consider how damn fortunate we all are to be able to swim in Tesla’s pool and we might want to remember it’s Memorial Day tomorrow. And thank those that gave up their lives so we can bitch and moan and be free to do so.

Fact is, I'm here for the engineering. Tesla brought electric to the main stream. If they could get their business model straight (supply/demand, price point, scheduling, etc.), solar would take off too. Space X is bringing manned space flight back to the US and hopefully soon to the masses. (bucket list for sure).

They may suck at scheduling and communication but its hard to knock the engineering.

There is a general belief in the community that Elon’s neuralink monkey is in charge of delivery dates ... hence the random and often changing situation ... he plays ping pong and assigns the delivery dates through his thoughts ... sounds crazy but that’s what this forum does to you 🤷🏻‍♂️

@Tigers believes this monkey is blindfolded but I strongly believe he can see and that is how is he knows whose account he is screwing with at that time.

I respectfully disagree. This is a forum populated by like minded people to discuss a specific issue, buying a luxury vehicle from Tesla. Complaining about the process/quality/experience is what this space is for. Now if this was being done around people who cannot afford this car, then I agree. But that is not what is being done here.

Your sentiment could be applied to any topic. I could join a forum to discuss a video game that everyone is there to critique, only to have someone come along and remind everyone that some people can't afford food.

The points being expressed here are valid in most cases. The build quality has issues. The customer service could be better. The communication from Tesla is poor.

People NEED to express their opinions when standards are not met to their satisfaction. If everyone just shrugged and said "I can afford food, so whatever Tesla gives me for my money, I will be happy and thank them for their efforts", then quality/value/experience will be at the bare minimum for all consumer products.

My thoughts about friends without jobs, distant relatives who can't afford a car, people battling cancer, volunteer opportunities in my local community etc., are not for this forum. This forum is to discuss a luxury car, and all the excitement/anguish/frustration/grief/criticism/praise/joy/concerns that come with it.

I think most of us are here because we believe in the product. But at the same time, most of us would like some things to go better than they have gone this year.

I respectfully disagree. This is a forum populated by like minded people to discuss a specific issue, buying a luxury vehicle from Tesla. Complaining about the process/quality/experience is what this space is for. Now if this was being done around people who cannot afford this car, then I agree. But that is not what is being done here.

Your sentiment could be applied to any topic. I could join a forum to discuss a video game that everyone is there to critique, only to have someone come along and remind everyone that some people can't afford food.

The points being expressed here are valid in most cases. The build quality has issues. The customer service could be better. The communication from Tesla is poor.

People NEED to express their opinions when standards are not met to their satisfaction. If everyone just shrugged and said "I can afford food, so whatever Tesla gives me for my money, I will be happy and thank them for their efforts", then quality/value/experience will be at the bare minimum for all consumer products.

My thoughts about friends without jobs, distant relatives who can't afford a car, people battling cancer, volunteer opportunities in my local community etc., are not for this forum. This forum is to discuss a luxury car, and all the excitement/anguish/frustration/grief/criticism/praise/joy/concerns that come with it.

I think most of us are here because we believe in the product. But at the same time, most of us would like some things to go better than they have gone this year.
I'm going to have to agree here. A forum designed to discuss a specific topic, that has a sub forum to discuss an even more specific aspect of that topic, is the correct place for such a discussion to occur.

This isn't the right place for a relative privation fallacy.

Not to get too overtly mushy about things but perhaps we should also consider how damn fortunate we all are to be able to swim in Tesla’s pool and we might want to remember it’s Memorial Day tomorrow. And thank those that gave up their lives so we can bitch and moan and be free to do so.
Very good point. If, for most of us, waiting for our electric chariot to arrive is our biggest concern in life, we need to rethink things. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted my car months ago. Life could be worse.

Where is this?
1622427481329.png

Very good point. If, for most of us, waiting for our electric chariot to arrive is our biggest concern in life, we need to rethink things. Don’t get me wrong, I wanted my car months ago. Life could be worse.
100%. Our wait for delivery is absolutely a champagne problem. I don’t think this forum is about belittling the greater issues of the world though, I think it’s more about some friendly banter as we wait for our cars. With that said, thank you to all that have served and let’s appreciate what we have (even if it’s not a refresh model s yet).