Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just went through Tesla. Forty percent down. I have an excellent FICO score, and two Visa cards (rarely use) issued through Chase. I don’t know which, if any of these affected the rate. I asked for 48 months but the offer was for 72. I’ll likely pay it off in 2-3 years.
Great rate. I saw that if you get the MS 100D the rate is 1.49%. I almost went with that, but I myself couldn't justify 19k extra for 75 miles of range. I'm waiting to see what our credit union offers on their June rate special. Otherwise I will use Tesla for the 2.99% rate.

Great rate. I saw that if you get the MS 100D the rate is 1.49%. I almost went with that, but I myself couldn't justify 19k extra for 75 miles of range. I'm waiting to see what our credit union offers on their June rate special. Otherwise I will use Tesla for the 2.99% rate.

I go to L. A. about 15 times a year, so I’m hoping to get comfortable with the supercharger network so I can retire my ICE next year. The 100 kw battery reduces my range anxiety.

I go to L. A. about 15 times a year, so I’m hoping to get comfortable with the supercharger network so I can retire my ICE next year. The 100 kw battery reduces my range anxiety.
You should be fine. I have been driving electric for 5 years now. My wife had a Nissan Leaf (80 miles of range) that we traded in for a Chevy Bolt that has 238 miles of range. After a couple of months of driving the Bolt and a couple of road trips (One to Lompoc and back), 240 miles is going to be just fine for my uses. On a full charge we made it from Palm Desert to the other side of Thousand Oaks with 60 miles left before charging. That is what convinced me that a 75kwh will meet my needs and now I can afford the Tesla I've always dreamed of. I will be able to go to LA and back with stopping at the Cabazon Superchargers for about 20 min on the way back home. With a 100 battery you will be able to go round trip without charging. Hope to meet you sometime. Maybe at the new Rancho Mirage charging station. Let me know when you get your new ride.

You should be fine. I have been driving electric for 5 years now. My wife had a Nissan Leaf (80 miles of range) that we traded in for a Chevy Bolt that has 238 miles of range. After a couple of months of driving the Bolt and a couple of road trips (One to Lompoc and back), 240 miles is going to be just fine for my uses. On a full charge we made it from Palm Desert to the other side of Thousand Oaks with 60 miles left before charging. That is what convinced me that a 75kwh will meet my needs and now I can afford the Tesla I've always dreamed of. I will be able to go to LA and back with stopping at the Cabazon Superchargers for about 20 min on the way back home. With a 100 battery you will be able to go round trip without charging. Hope to meet you sometime. Maybe at the new Rancho Mirage charging station. Let me know when you get your new ride.
Hey, thanks for the useful information.....I'm also in Palm Desert, am new to EV, and plan to drive to LA and SD quite often. Glad to hear of your experience!

Reactions: ScottRoberts33
I’m not sure about a round trip since my round trips usually total 260-280 miles. The good news is a new 20-stall supercharger in Glendale at The Americana and I usually go there. I’d prefer not having to charge on the way home since it’s usually midnight when I get home. Cabazon doesn’t seem like the place to at that hour.

I’m not sure about a round trip since my round trips usually total 260-280 miles. The good news is a new 20-stall supercharger in Glendale at The Americana and I usually go there. I’d prefer not having to charge on the way home since it’s usually midnight when I get home. Cabazon doesn’t seem like the place to at that hour.
Your going to find that getting to Beaumont is going to zap your range a bit. Uphill against the wind is the norm through the Whitewater Pass. Glendale will be perfect place for you to charge. Cabazon isn't that bad, I've had to charge the Leaf several times late at night at the Outlet Mall. FYI, I got a email last night that my MX 75D has been confirmed and scheduled for production. Late June delivery.

Wow they built my MS75D in 3 days. they probably work on 7/24

I got "Your Tesla has been built and is in transit from the factory. Learn about your Tesla".
Ordered on 4/6
Vin on 4/20
in production 5/13;
built and in transit 5/16;

I will pick up at Fremont.

Wow, exactly the same dates. Now, if only I didn't live on the East Coast. I have a feeling you'll see yours first.