Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Funny thing -- as I was driving home, I remembered a very old joke. It suddenly has new meaning, and I can't believe I didn't think about it before I picked up the car, and I don't think anyone mentioned it here:

Once there was a snail who was tired of being slow. He went out and bought a really fast sports car and had the dealer paint a big 'S' on each side of it.

Whenever someone saw him zooming past in his new car, they would say, "Hey, look at that S-car go!"

Would that not be great for a commercial? :biggrin:

Last edited:
As promised, my DS was waiting for me at the airport when my flight landed at FLL (at 9:15pm!). He picked me up in TMC's F-150 and drove me to the Dania Beach service center, where we filled out the DMV paperwork and I was on my way! I can't say enough about the Dania Beach team. They are extraordinary. As is the car, of course, but everyone here already knows that. Not much more to add, other than that I have F/W 4.0. Can't fit the car in the garage without parking completely diagonally. I will have to have a concrete guy with a jackhammer out over the next couple of days in order to cure that.

Hi Ron,

Congratulations! You beat me, but I should have mine in a little over an hour.

When you get a chance would you please post a photo or two in the Florida deliveries thread.

Larry

My car is at the Seattle service center waiting to be picked up after prep. Unfortunately I am in NYC, returning next week. Still trying to get them to install a second charger before I take her home. P893 VIN 1527. Performance pearl white Lacewood 19" wheels.

Hi Douglas,

Just curious, did you get a call from the service center to let you know, or did you chase them?

I'm about 100 VIN numbers behind you, and have heard rumors there were 20 new cars delivered this week. My delivery window starts tomorrow, and I'm itching to the the car (not surprisingly.....)

Thanks!

I appreciate all the congrats. Sorry it took so long to post, yesterday was crazy...

Vin 1708 P3385 had the following config: Blue, 85 Kwh, Non perf, Textile seats, Sound tech and air suspension, Pano roof, 19"s.

Loving the car so far. It's got some quirks though which any owner will need to learn. Like the Ambient lights cant be turned on unless the car is on, (brake is engaged) The music will keep playing until you lock the car with the key FOB (i miss the Prius lock button on the handles) and some others. I will post more in another thread. Dont want to clog it up! Oh and Pics are coming...

Hi Douglas,

Just curious, did you get a call from the service center to let you know, or did you chase them?

I'm about 100 VIN numbers behind you, and have heard rumors there were 20 new cars delivered this week. My delivery window starts tomorrow, and I'm itching to the the car (not surprisingly.....)

Thanks!
No. I got an email yesterday from my DS saying my car had just arrived. I had corresponded with him earlier. My delivery window is November 30-December 14.

Does anyone know who has VIN 1084? What would be the "sticker" included in my car (VIN 992) was for 1084, not mine. 1084 is Signature Performance, Pano, pearl white, 21 inch wheels, black interior, carbon fiber

heh, guess whos sticker is in my car? :) I'll mail it off, sorry though, my youngster grabbed it and peeled a bit of the bottom off before we knew what was going on.

Oh... Sig 532 VIN 1084 is home!