Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen this posted yet but while discussing my trade in. My DS said Tesla no longer is using AIM. You know do a self inspection which X consists of a questionnaire and you have to provide several pictures of your vehicle. My DS also said Tesla officially matches CARMAX offers.

Those of you in CA who received their cars recently, how long did it take to get your plates ? And who sent them to you ? Mine came 10 days later from Tesla, not the DMV . I was a little surprised but I think they are able to fulfil at least some registrations from a batch of plates they have from the DMV, even though the DS said they couldn't give me the plate numbers before I picked up the car. I'd have liked to know so I could apply for the white stickers and fastrak tags .

Those of you in CA who received their cars recently, how long did it take to get your plates ? And who sent them to you ? Mine came 10 days later from Tesla, not the DMV . I was a little surprised but I think they are able to fulfil at least some registrations from a batch of plates they have from the DMV, even though the DS said they couldn't give me the plate numbers before I picked up the car. I'd have liked to know so I could apply for the white stickers and fastrak tags .

Mine were issued about 10 days too. Looked like they came from a Tesla address but in the official DMV envelope. I applied for the stickers a few days before delivery and transferred my FasTrak immediately upon delivery. FasTrak does not need the plate number to transfer, and you can edit it later. Not sure about new FastTrak applicants though.

Tesla and the DMV have some non-dealer thing going on....whatever it is, the assigned plate was attached to my registration before my sticker application arrived. So even though I left the plate number blank on the app, it pulled up in the DMV system when processing the app. All they wanted was my check. :)

Thanks! Yeah that's exactly how my package arrived - in a DMV envelope enclosed within a Tesla envelope from Buena Park, CA. I wish they'd make it easier when they clearly have plates in batches available to register.

I didn't know about applying sooner for white stickers and Fastrak, but I expect to get my fastrak tag much sooner than white stickers

Thanks! Yeah that's exactly how my package arrived - in a DMV envelope enclosed within a Tesla envelope from Buena Park, CA. I wish they'd make it easier when they clearly have plates in batches available to register.

I didn't know about applying sooner for white stickers and Fastrak, but I expect to get my fastrak tag much sooner than white stickers
I don't think Tesla can directly due to the whole dealer/not a dealer issue but they've got a reasonable alternative system. HOV stickers weren't terribly slow and get the transponder with the 3 switches......I hear you have them up there too. Welcome!!

Reactions: K Hall
explain again how some people got this discount?

After order window you are SOL right??

For about one week earlier this month Tesla sales reps were waiving the destination and doc fees to push people over the edge. The contingency was that those people took delivery in September. The few of us who got in on that promotion have been discussing if delays in Tesla's supply would cause us to forfeit the discount or not.