Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Annual Service Checklist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great. I go 14 months on the original key fob battery with no issues. Then, service replaces the battery as part of the annual service and just a month later, this:

ryhe9e9e.jpg

Well, obviously your original battery was defective...:wink:

somebody can correct me if my memory fails. (WOM: write-only-memory)

You're better of that me; mine's all RAM (Random-Access Memory)

Great. I go 14 months on the original key fob battery with no issues. Then, service replaces the battery as part of the annual service and just a month later, this...
This just in:
"In related news, Tesla's gigafactory will apparently also in-house production of CR2032 batteries because apparently their existing suppliers have quality problems with them."

;)

Have to make a decision to purchase my service plan in 25 days and still not sure what to do. At the discounted $475 rate is it still too much for an annual checkup?

I also am struggling with Warranty extension. I've already had 2 handles replaced and some poorly installed chrome trim under warranty from delivery. The car is at the shop for condensation in the taillights and pano roof that has wind noise after being closed. All of these have been $0 cost obviously because the car is new. I've purchased extended warranties for all my cars in the past, but none of them cost $4000 and required a deductible. I think the deductible throws a big wrench in the mix. I'm surprised more people aren't in an uproar over the deductible. At the original lower price, it made more sense, but now.... seems like a lot. I know the car is new technology so that concerns me. My friend who has an older Tesla is starting to get creaks and noise, possibly from the AC and the cloth trim around the door is starting to shred. Looks like the door seal has curled back and exposed the cloth edges.

I do think I'll put on more than 12k miles a year. I've read all the other threads about it and it bothers me that there's still so much uncertainty.

Still love the car, just don't want a big bill later.

Is it still too much? You have to decide for yourself. It's still too much for me. But then again, I'm pretty handy with a bottle of washer fluid!:smile:
I'm also a little concerned about the long-run. I may bite the bullet and get the extended warranty. (extended service? whatever they call it.) I still have over 30k miles to go before I have to decide. I was not aware of a deductible, I thought I read all of that too. Plus I may need to decide sooner, in case there's another price increase. Decisions...

I also am struggling with Warranty extension. I've already had 2 handles replaced and some poorly installed chrome trim under warranty from delivery. The car is at the shop for condensation in the taillights and pano roof that has wind noise after being closed. All of these have been $0 cost obviously because the car is new. I've purchased extended warranties for all my cars in the past, but none of them cost $4000 and required a deductible. I think the deductible throws a big wrench in the mix. I'm surprised more people aren't in an uproar over the deductible.

Unless I am mistaken, the agreement specifies a $200 deductible. That seems pretty reasonable to me if my screen fails after 5 years... Or my air suspension... Or my inverter... Or my motor... Or something electrical that requires taking the car apart.

If it's volume knob that falls off at 6y, we'll then I'll just pay for that.

Unless I am mistaken, the agreement specifies a $200 deductible. That seems pretty reasonable to me if my screen fails after 5 years... Or my air suspension... Or my inverter... Or my motor... Or something electrical that requires taking the car apart.

If it's volume knob that falls off at 6y, we'll then I'll just pay for that.

I personally think the $200 deductible is excessive and a bit ridiculous. Our Mercedes extended warranty cost less and comes with a $0 deductible. It adds insult to injury having to pony up $200 each time something has to get fixed under the $4,000 warranty you paid for considering most likely something failed because it was not built properly to begin with.

gg's got the same thoughts I have concerning the cost and frequency of a service visit as well as the extended warranty being a separate can of worms to consider. While the extended warranty is expensive it could well be worth it considering the unknown of what broken parts might cost.