Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Recommendations

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello fellow Roadster enthusiast. Just wondering if I can get some recommendations... looking to replace my wife's PHEV (Ford C-Max Energi) with a full EV. I'm looking to spend under $40k. So I was thinking of the following,..

- New Kia Niro
- 2014/2015 Tesla Model S (around 50-60K miles)
- Couple year old Model 3
- Or ?

Got to say though, she likes sitting a little higher ie. SUV.

What do y'all think?

Thanks

Hello fellow Roadster enthusiast. Just wondering if I can get some recommendations... looking to replace my wife's PHEV (Ford C-Max Energi) with a full EV. I'm looking to spend under $40k. So I was thinking of the following,..

- New Kia Niro
- Or ?

What do y'all think?

Thanks
New 2021 Subaru CrossTrek Limited 2.5

7739A5E4-4214-488F-88BF-E997C4947A89.jpeg

Wonder if there are any of the Tesla drive train powered RAV-4's around?

You can probably pick up a Chevy Bolt for next to nothing pretty soon. Wait for the battery to get replaced first, or (and?) keep a bag of marshmallows on hand.

- New Kia Niro
- Or ?

What do y'all think?

Thanks

Sell the Roadster and buy a Model Y! 😉

I do hear good things about the Niro. There are some good video reviews of lower cost EVs, including the Niro, on Fully Charged. Worth checking out.

Last edited:
Wonder if there are any of the Tesla drive train powered RAV-4's around?

You can probably pick up a Chevy Bolt for next to nothing pretty soon. Wait for the battery to get replaced first, or (and?) keep a bag of marshmallows on hand.
The RAV-4's are cheap, but I think their range is somewhere around 90-100 miles (even less than my Roadster :))
Sell the Roadster and buy a Model Y! 😉

I do hear good things about the Niro. There are some good video reviews of lower cost EVs on Fully Charged. Worth checking out.
The reviews on the Model Y have not been good... most say if considering a Y, just get a M3.

I'll check out that link.

Thanks

How much is a spartan VW ID.4 in the U.S.? Here in Europe they also ship with a smaller battery, lowering the price.

(We also have a ton of other EVs here, maybe not sold in the U.S. like ID.3, Kona, MG, iX3, e-2008, Xpeng G3, Leaf 64+)