Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - Unable to charge at one public charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi guys!

Hope everyone is doing well! I am new to the EV world and recently got a Model 3. I go to a few hospitals for work and am able to charge at all of them, but one. It shows that the car is getting voltage, but no amps nor are any miles being added to the vehicle. In fact, this is the only place I have seen where I am unable to charge. I have spoken to my friends who also have Tesla vehicles and NONE of them have been able to charge at these stations. Interestingly, people who do not have a Tesla are able to use this charger without difficulty.

The charger was installed by FPL (Florida Power & Light) which is the electric company in Florida. App is otherwise managed by ChargePoint.

- I have called ChargePoint and they have reset the stations without - no charge.

- I have asked someone who uses their Nissan Leaf to charge successfully and use their app to attempt to charge my Tesla - no charge for me (but continues to work on her vehicle). So unlikely a problem related to the app.

- From doing some research on this topic I had seen some concerns about possible battery temperature. I find this unlikely because I could be at another open lot and be able to charge at the same time. Regardless, I took out my car to these charging stations at 6 AM when its not too hot nor cold in Florida - no charge.

- I have also tried adjusting the amp of the car from max to min in 5 amp intervals and leaving it there for some time to see if it were to charge at a lower rate - no charge.

- ChargePoint referred to FPL and owners of the station for servicing as they do not own the charging station itself.

So far I have spoken with the maintenance and engineering departments in the facility and they have sent out a ticket for servicing. Just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem - figured I could give them some info/advice. I did not think it was a problem with my vehicle as I have at least a dozen other people who have been unable to charge their vehicles at these stations but able to charge elsewhere. I also find it out that all 4 stations work with other vehicles - just not Tesla. If you think its something I am doing wrong - please do let me know.

Thank you so much for reading through this long message and I sincerely appreciate your help!

What is the location where you cannot get a charge? We can check with Plugshare and see if those stations have been flagged or not. Also, do the stations look like this?

1658537284979.png