Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 slips forward when going up to parking lot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whenever I enter a parking lot that has an entrance with a slope that goes up, the car jerks/slips forward suddenly as soon as the front left tire enters the slope. Here is a photo of one of the parking lot.

Is it the regen or traction control trying to do something?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230830_180619_Maps.jpg
    Screenshot_20230830_180619_Maps.jpg
    396.3 KB · Views: 128
Reactions: beachmiles
OP: If I had to guess I'd say your car is 'detecting' something and either hitting the brakes or preventing you from giving it gas.

I have a similar issue when trying to pull out of a Starbucks in Damascus, MD... where the car refuses to give me power when I stomp of the gas pedal. Primarily because the on-coming traffic is nearly continuous... so it's doing collision avoidance... which, in reality, is going to cause someone to slam into me because the car doesn't move when I floor it, but I'm now in the roadway.

There is a setting that can be turned off to fix this. I don't recall it at the moment.

Upvote 0
OP: If I had to guess I'd say your car is 'detecting' something and either hitting the brakes or preventing you from giving it gas.

I have a similar issue when trying to pull out of a Starbucks in Damascus, MD... where the car refuses to give me power when I stomp of the gas pedal. Primarily because the on-coming traffic is nearly continuous... so it's doing collision avoidance... which, in reality, is going to cause someone to slam into me because the car doesn't move when I floor it, but I'm now in the roadway.

There is a setting that can be turned off to fix this. I don't recall it at the moment.
I try with these settings off

Upvote 0
I've heard slight clicking sounds and small vibrations from the brake pedal when I go up slopes like that in my car. I think it's the stability control sensing a bit of wheel slip or unloading of a wheel, and then clamping down the brake on the unloaded wheel in order to transfer drive power to the other wheel on the same axle.

If you watch the single side unloaded roller tests you'll see the ABS/traction/stability system braking the wheels on rollers.

Upvote 0
I've heard slight clicking sounds and small vibrations from the brake pedal when I go up slopes like that in my car. I think it's the stability control sensing a bit of wheel slip or unloading of a wheel, and then clamping down the brake on the unloaded wheel in order to transfer drive power to the other wheel on the same axle.

If you watch the single side unloaded roller tests you'll see the ABS/traction/stability system braking the wheels on rollers.

I think that's from the automatic hold

Upvote 0
I feel the same thing as the OP describes when entering a parking lot sloped entrance as a slight right.
This habit of not turning hard and going directly into the drive way but to drive at an angle across the entrance is from year of driving lowered cars.
Yup, same with my C5 Corvette. Same habit now with 2022 MSLR but have never experienced OP's problem.

Upvote 0