Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't know ... you are probably right ... but this video late December 2021 fitted in with my understanding ... this is the new battery I was wanting ... I stand corrected on the heat pump. My point really was that Tesla do add things as well as take away. It's a nice video on the RWD if anyone hasn't seen it.
He makes mistakes on a regular basis and I believe many people 'corrected' him in the comments. There was a new larger LFP battery fitted for Q4 2021 / 2022 (60 kWh up from 55 kWh) which is what he refers to as a new battery, but the old one was LFP too - both made by CATL in China.

Reactions: M3UK
He makes mistakes on a regular basis and I believe many people 'corrected' him in the comments. There was a new larger LFP battery fitted for Q4 2021 / 2022 (60 kWh up from 55 kWh) which is what he refers to as a new battery, but the old one was LFP too - both made by CATL in China.
Oh I see ... hadn't appreciated that but that makes sense thinking back ... a faster SR was followed by a slower SR+ ...I remember that much. I just recall wanting the battery he was referring to. Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: dajw2793 and M3UK
My car in the foreground, cars were mostly white at the NEC end of September. It is impossible to say with EDDs, I had 10 from the time of order to delivery with the penultimate one being mid-Nov 22 to Jan 23. So … maybe don’t give up completely on the prospect of a Q4 delivery 🤞

1665298443781.jpeg

I don't know ... you are probably right ... but this video late December 2021 fitted in with my understanding ... this is the new battery I was wanting ... I stand corrected on the heat pump. My point really was that Tesla do add things as well as take away. It's a nice video on the RWD if anyone hasn't seen it.

He’s often wrong, especially when it comes to batteries (a bit worrying when he’s a dealer)

The LFP batteries have been in our SR+/RWD cars for quite a while, but the LFP battery pack was increased in size for 2022 cars, together with changes to the motors which resulted in the “SR+“ being called “RWD”

You probably want the combo of latest motors and battery,