Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RWD pre delivery hangout

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the Tesla App (not that I do it 57 times a day to check on my EDD šŸ˜•), I noticed that my EDD is back being displayed in the App rather than having to press Go to Account to see it. I know previously someone said it was not displaying because my collection location had been changed from Bluewater to Staines.

So now I am wondering whether they have fixed it so it displays and my collection location is still Staines or whether my collection location has gone back to Bluewater.

Having said that, my collection date is still not until 2023 so I don't know why I am bothered about this.

5th June orderd - Grey Model 3

EDD - Nov 27th - Jan 11th

Hasnt changed since ordering . Do they tend to change more when you approach the EDD.
I have had: May 23, Apr - June 23, Nov 22 - Dec 22, 22nd Nov 22 - 29th Dec 22, 9th Jan 23 - 22nd Feb 23, 22nd Sep 22 - 30th Sept 22, 16th Jan 23 - 16th Apr 23, 21st Jan 23 - 6th April 23

I got quite excited when I thought I was getting closer to EDD when it was 22nd-30th September, only for my hopes to be dashed with a revised date in 2023.

The advice you will get on the board, of ignoring the EDD until you get a hidden VIN, I think is the best...

I have had: May 23, Apr - June 23, Nov 22 - Dec 22, 22nd Nov 22 - 29th Dec 22, 9th Jan 23 - 22nd Feb 23, 22nd Sep 22 - 30th Sept 22, 16th Jan 23 - 16th Apr 23, 21st Jan 23 - 6th April 23

I got quite excited when I thought I was getting closer to EDD when it was 22nd-30th September, only for my hopes to be dashed with a revised date in 2023.

The advice you will get on the board, of ignoring the EDD until you get a hidden VIN, I think is the best...

Is yours a direct Tesla order Jon ? or via a lease company.

Sunrise has docked! Fellow M3 RWD prospective owners ā€¦ have you checked out Taptes.com ā€¦ what do you think? I am thinking for the full set of mats in particular ā€¦ but there are some very interesting purchase opportunities on that site ā€¦.
Also check Tessories et al and even Amazon these days. They all sell basically the same tat šŸ˜‚

Reactions: LoneRanger
I have been reading about CATL supplying a new battery to Shanghai for the Model 3, it has a higher energy density and is claimed to result in a ten per cent increase in range. Google 'Model 3 M3P battery' (insideevs.com among others). As far as I can tell, they may be supplying these from fourth quarter for delivery next year. Naturally my interest in this (having been sitting on an EDD of January 22 to April 7) was destroyed by yet another change in EDD to December 10 to Feb 3. I don't believe a word of it until I get a VIN. So do I hope for a December delivery of LFP or do I hope for an M3P with bigger range in the new year ? Will I 'win either way' or will I 'lose either way' ?

A December delivery of M3P would do nicely, thank you, Tesla :)

All part of the waiting room roller coaster !
this sounds interesting Frank, is that battery purely performance or RWD?

Reactions: Frankcjd
Okay, my actual shopping list, purchased today ahead of the VAT decrease next Friday 'cos I just can't wait any longer:

From Tesla:
1. Interior All-Weather Mats
2. Key fob (yep!)
3. Key fob holder
4. Out of Stock at the moment but will purchase when available - Model 3 Center Console Trays

From Tessories:
1. Rubber Door Pocket Inserts for Model 3
2. 3-piece Trunk Mat Set
3. Rubber Cup Holder Insert

Total Cost: Arm and a Leg...

Thought I would post as it may be of interest in the RWD waiting room. Roll on a week on Thursday.