Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Refresh Airbag Weight Sensor issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As I mentioned in one of the Model 3 Waiting Room threads, I was supposed to take delivery of a new Model 3 recently, but the car threw a fault on the driver's side airbag weight sensor as they were preparing it for delivery while I waited at the dealership. They determined that one of the wiring harnesses got pinched between two structural components causing a short, and that the wiring harness needs to be replaced. They said they need to order the part from Fremont and are estimating at least a week before the car is ready.

Has anyone experienced something like this with your 2024 M3? Or any M3 for that matter?

As I mentioned in one of the Model 3 Waiting Room threads, I was supposed to take delivery of a new Model 3 recently, but the car threw a fault on the driver's side airbag weight sensor as they were preparing it for delivery while I waited at the dealership. They determined that one of the wiring harnesses got pinched between two structural components causing a short, and that the wiring harness needs to be replaced. They said they need to order the part from Fremont and are estimating at least a week before the car is ready.

Has anyone experienced something like this with your 2024 M3? Or any M3 for that matter?
Be glad they are not having to replace the seat.

It's not a common problem, but it's not uncommon.

Let them take care of it. Yea I know, you've got to wait a little longer.
Take a look at the Cybertruck folks, 4 years from reservation, 4 months from when I ordered it and then a 2-week delay for a recall.

Yours could be worse, a lot worse.

Be glad they are not having to replace the seat.

It's not a common problem, but it's not uncommon.

Let them take care of it. Yea I know, you've got to wait a little longer.
Take a look at the Cybertruck folks, 4 years from reservation, 4 months from when I ordered it and then a 2-week delay for a recall.

Yours could be worse, a lot worse.
I know, and I'm not kicking the dog over it or anything. I am kinda irritated this wasn't caught at the factory as part of a final systems test and inspection, though.