Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They're standard across the board. On my (all) S there's a total of 4 stalks: Right gear shifter, left wiper/light stalk, left AP stalk and left steering coloumn adjustment stalk

Hey now, some of us do own Model S's with a different stalk layout than you fancy AP folks. I am sure you enjoy hitting the cruise instead of the blinker accidentally every time you get one as a loaner just like I do when I get an AP loaner. ;)

re the Auckland NZ photos:

1. Since when have airlines begun to let Large Amounts of Li-ion batteries back in cargo? That's a big surprise.

2. Ad campaign? Since when has TM an advertising budget?

3. Winter testing? I am going to be severely ticked off if TM is spending money shipping its items to NZ when we can provide far closer access to far more...interesting...road & weather conditions....at any time of year, than our Antipodeal friends (and relations!) can kick up.

Now, all that aside, I am very happy for NZ that they're being shown some love.

3. Winter testing? I am going to be severely ticked off if TM is spending money shipping its items to NZ when we can provide far closer access to far more...interesting...road & weather conditions....at any time of year, than our Antipodeal friends (and relations!) can kick up.

Location ice driving Cardrona, between Wanaka & Queenstown

The driving facility is very specific to automotive needs. It might be something as simple as testing tyres for winter conditions. not something that would be crucial for a launch in USA summer.

• Informative
Reactions: Matias and Ciaopec
My thoughts,
M3's in San Fran testing autopilot on those steep streets with level cross streets,
as you are driving up the hill what will the AP see when you approach one of the cross streets?
(I've never been to SF but it looks very steep on the tele)

M3 in NZ is there for test the AWD system, RWD M3's are ready for release but where can they test the AWD
in snow at this time of year.

Different aero wheels than what we've seen before? This looks rather nice.

silver-tesla-model-3-burbank-service-center-3.jpg

Those white strips appear to be tape.

Should EVs Make Artificial Sounds at Low Speeds?

In the General EV forum. In 2018/2019 EVs will have to make noise under 18mph because folks don't hear them otherwise....

But now there is this...
Trump Administration May Remove Rule Forcing Electric Vehicles To Emit Noise At Low Speeds, + Rear-View Mirror Requirements

So, maybe it'll go away or be able to be deactivated. I'm just upset that if they do decide to allow side mirrors to be done away it will be too late for changes to the Model 3, at least for the first year or so probably.

• Informative
Reactions: FlatSix911