Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 RC sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

It's even worse than that. Using different camera lenses at different distances and zoom levels can lead to significant differences in how an object looks. Since no one has any idea about the lenses used to take either photo, this sort of comparison is completely pointless. Literally nothing there is a reliable comparison.

I agree with @ProphetM. In this post, I show the distortion in length of the Model S due to perspective (which the lens/distance affects):
p90d_p100d_measurements-jpg.227781

Trunk is now 5 inches longer than at the initial reveal.

Note how neither photo actually matches the official length of the car as shown by the vertical black lines (and this was scaled using the wheelbase; scaling using the wheels as Electrek did can cause even more error). This is due to perspective, which makes the farther parts of the body look smaller.

Haven't been following this thread as I never thought I would see one B4 they were released to the public. Guess I was wrong as a beautiful silver 3 passed in front of me while I was leaving the Kaiser medical office in Mission Viejo this afternoon. I was approx. half a block from the Acero intersection when I caught sight of what I thought was a silver MS that had a slightly different front end. It wasn't until I caught sight of the back that I realized what it was. I figured I would try to catch up to it once I merged onto Acero but by the time I stopped for traffic it had already reached the Jeronimo intersection and was turning right. By the time I could complete my turn it zipped off in a hurried manner and disappeared. If it wasn't for the traffic I needed to work around I would have attempted a follow but that wasn't going to happen. All I can say is, that is one BEAUTIFUL automobile. Not sure what it was doing around this area but I must say it was quite a tease.

On the model 3, the Tesla Insignia on the front is on the hood as opposed to in the front (as is seen on the Model S and X).
Also saw the Blue one in Fremont, with the Turbine or Slipstream rims. Looked very sharp, and first glimpse was of the nose, emblem on the hood and curved daytime headlights, distinctively different enough to be easy to spot when on.
You could always move it.

Indeed...I am.

Just saw one pulling into HQ in Palo Alto. No side numbers like the RCs so maybe it was production. Noteworthy thing was it was in Metallic Silver which I had not seen before in the RC thread or anywhere.

Sorry no pictures, happened too fast. Beautiful car.
Regular silver has been seen quite a bit. Unless you're talking about midnight silver aka gray, which would be a first I think.