Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 "Production Bottlenecks" lead to lower-than-anticipated Q3 delivery #s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It would be instructive to know what the bottlenecks are and what steps are required to address them. I suspect we might only know after volume production has been achieved.

I take this as good news. Keeps the total US deliveries down and is only about 3 weeks behind the revised schedule. This is still 257 more then I expected when I put in my deposit.

Elon vs Estimated Actual
July=30 (Actual 30)
August=100 (Estimated 60)
September=1,500 (Estimated 170)
Total=1,630 (Total 260)

I get it. I'm just SO very ready for my model 3, this is a little cringe worthy. Breathe..... Deep breath...

I'm really trying to pace myself. I tend to get feverish when waiting too long on cool new stuff, to the point to where I don't even feel anything once I've received what I was waiting on. Also I find that thinking too much about the Model 3 is going to lead me into wanting a Model S just so I can be excited about it again.

I'm still supposed to be unwrapping my 3 by Christmas. I'm afraid it'll just be an IOU... (Can't tell from the wrapping since the key would be the same size as the IOU)

Existing owner?

My window remains the same, Feb-Apr.

I bet they won't even update it any time soon, even though people will certainly start missing their window.