Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance Waiting Room [2020-2023]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly the paint isn't as...robust, primarily due to manufacturing limitations in California (environmental reasons). Also the front end being somewhat flat seems to make it a magnet for rock chips.

Also, it seems like for the average Tesla buyer, this is their first "luxury" car purchase over 50k, so they're more mindful of protecting the fit and finish.
I fall into this category. The credit union was hesitant to give me money. Not because I don't have good credit or debt to income, but because I've never financed over $30k for a vehicle.

I can justify another $5k for ppf on a $60k+ vehicle where I never would have for a $30k vehicle.

I'm also OCD, so rock chips and scratches cause me emotional pain. It would be especially bad on a $60k+ vehicle.

I fall into this category. The credit union was hesitant to give me money. Not because I don't have good credit or debt to income, but because I've never financed over $30k for a vehicle.

I can justify another $5k for ppf on a $60k+ vehicle where I never would have for a $30k vehicle.

I'm also OCD, so rock chips and scratches cause me emotional pain. It would be especially bad on a $60k+ vehicle.
Jesse,
I would absolutely do an Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF on the front bumper, headlights and rockers, at a minimum. If you can swing it, do the full hood too. There are WAY WAY too many hazards driving these days , dump trucks and landscapers outnumber cars.....

I'm in the Atlanta area. What CU did you go with?

Reactions: jessepotter
Hey everyone, I currently have an MYP on order scheduled for an early June delivery, but now I'm thinking that I'd prefer the M3P instead since we already have a Y in the house. If I were to place an M3P order today, what would my rough wait time be?

Add me please....I'm now Nov20-Jan-16. Ugh
Updated! A few of us, (including myself), are picking up our cars this weekend or early next week.

We'll need a new president of the club. BILDCAT seems like a shoe-in with his rediculous EDD, but he's also in CA so Elon could pull up in his driveway with the car at any moment without notice.

Original Post:

I'm starting a new club here on the forums. It will be called the Model 3 Performance February Orders Without Cars Club or "M3PFOWCC" for short.

I know, it rolls right off the tongue.

I'm looking for members, so please post if you have a February order and still don't have a car.

As the founder, I hope to pass on the mantle sooner rather than later.

Current Members:

jessepotter
Makes_Centz
Jmauld
SantaCruzOMB
thill444
ayd-08
roundexplosion
RuffRidinNole
BILDCAT

Reactions: Tony_YYZ
Jesse,
I would absolutely do an Xpel Ultimate Plus PPF on the front bumper, headlights and rockers, at a minimum. If you can swing it, do the full hood too. There are WAY WAY too many hazards driving these days , dump trucks and landscapers outnumber cars.....
I'm wrapping the entire vehicle for $5k, but they did offer a front-only option that was very affordable at around $2200. It covered all the areas you mentioned, including side mirrors.

Dog legs?
There might be a better term for it.

rear fender/wheel well up from the rocker panel.

Reactions: Gulfcoaster
He only offers the clear. I'm not sure why. I'm fine with it since I like the shades of blue in the MSM depending on light. That seems to get masked with the stealth wraps.
I may be going with a full stealth wrap this time around. I had a full frontal clear wrap on my previous Model 3 and the front end was immaculate when I sold it. I get bothered when seeing any damage on my car so the PPF was well worth it to me.

Third day In a row it's pushed back a single day

SmartSelect_20220514-114922_Tesla.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Rodney!
Status
Not open for further replies.