Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, the pic from the front looks more ultra red. Looks like there might be something dark reflecting in the paint and when the camera is facing sunward on the rear shots it hurts the color saturation of the camera.

It really perked me up though. I would have gone for the midnight cherry red in a heartbeat.

Reactions: P-Lo801
If you can watch that Jason Cammisa video and still say that you have to think about it then I am not sure what will convince you. Go watch that video end to end. This is a guy that only cares about the emotional experience of a drive. He has "poo-poo'd" electric cars in the past as not engaging enough. Then he does a complete 180 for this car and says it is just about the best NEW sport sedan you can buy today. For that guy to say that publicly is all I need to hear.

This car offers ridiculous Performance for the dollar but it also offers a lot more luxury than past Model 3s have offered. If you can get around the
"No Stalks" issue then honestly this car sounds pretty incredible.

I actually had not seen this video until today. Ordered a couple days ago. Wow. Can't wait to get behind the wheel of this thing. Prior to my M3LR I had several sport sedans but wouldn't spend M3 money on anything. Had an tuned A4 (>20 yrs ago), several 3 series including a 340xdrive, a Giulia. I do miss the interior quality and handling of some of those cars. Still the M3LR has been my favorite car to date despite some shortcomings. Based on this video review I'm not sure how or why Tesla is selling these at such a low price but good for us. Seems like an absolute steal.

One question. Do you think the real world range between my 2021 M3LR and the new MP3 will be much different? I think mine was billed as 315 but can't remember for sure.

Reactions: mpgxsvcd
I actually had not seen this video until today. Ordered a couple days ago. Wow. Can't wait to get behind the wheel of this thing. Prior to my M3LR I had several sport sedans but wouldn't spend M3 money on anything. Had an tuned A4 (>20 yrs ago), several 3 series including a 340xdrive, a Giulia. I do miss the interior quality and handling of some of those cars. Still the M3LR has been my favorite car to date despite some shortcomings. Based on this video review I'm not sure how or why Tesla is selling these at such a low price but good for us. Seems like an absolute steal.

One question. Do you think the real world range between my 2021 M3LR and the new MP3 will be much different? I think mine was billed as 315 but can't remember for sure.
I would think there is gonna be a difference , the much wider tire on M3P and bigger motor. I would think real world range would be around 250 in spring and fall. May be 220 in summer. Below 200 during winter if your area temp is below freezing in winter

Do you think the real world range between my 2021 M3LR and the new MP3 will be much different?
Thats going to depend mostly on what rims and tires you have on the performance, and how heavy your foot is when you drive. Specifically, it will depend on whether you stay with the factory size rims, and / or summer tires (which are stickier and thus get less range) or go with aftermarket smaller rims and less sticky tires (like all seasons).

Range is completely and totally dependent on tires at lower speeds and wind resistance at higher speeds.

If you want more range especially at lower highway speeds then get the Hankook iON EVO AS tires.

I got my 20” spare set of wheels with the iON EVO AS tires yesterday. They are 10% less efficient than my 18” wheels with the same tires but still REALLY good in my controlled 25 mile loop testing at 60 mph average speed.

IMG_5130.jpeg
IMG_5083.jpeg

Thats going to depend mostly on what rims and tires you have on the performance, and how heavy your foot is when you drive. Specifically, it will depend on whether you stay with the factory size rims, and / or summer tires (which are stickier and thus get less range) or go with aftermarket smaller rims and less sticky tires (like all seasons).
I finally was able to do controlled testing with similar 18” and 20” wheels and the exact same Hankook iON EVO AS tires. Larger wheels by themselves automatically lose range according to the testing I did.

However, ultra efficient tires can gain back a lot of that range even in larger diameters.

I am going to run two sets of wheels with my 2024 Model 3 Performance. One track and summer set which will be the stock wheels and tires and one highway efficiency set with the Hankook iON EVO AS tires.

Range is completely and totally dependent on tires at lower speeds and wind resistance at higher speeds.

If you want more range especially at lower highway speeds then get the Hankook iON EVO AS tires.

I got my 20” spare set of wheels with the iON EVO AS tires yesterday. They are 10% less efficient than my 18” wheels with the same tires but still REALLY good in my controlled 25 mile loop testing at 60 mph average speed.

View attachment 1044011View attachment 1044004

+10 points for info on efficient tires. -2 pts for the red accented T on the side camera.

What controlled loop is this you're driving on? 😂

• Funny