Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Performance/Ludicrous Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just spoked with a SA at my local location (Richmond, VA) and they looked up my order and said that I am currently "soft-matched" which a car that is scheduled for production at the beginning of Q3 with an estimated delivery date in the middle of July :/

And my current EDD in the app is May 21 - June 4...

I ordered within 20 minutes of the launch on 4/23, SG/W config.
This doesn’t seem right, they can output many more cars than that in that time frame.

I just spoked with a SA at my local location (Richmond, VA) and they looked up my order and said that I am currently "soft-matched" which a car that is scheduled for production at the beginning of Q3 with an estimated delivery date in the middle of July :/

That is insightful as I am in a relatively nearby location with same EDD and order time/colors... This situation makes it impossible to trade in my current car even if we had a Vin or delivery date because nothing seems firm and I don't want to Uber everywhere. Also annoyed since the trade in value for my current ride is probably going to decrease soon after the ongoing tax refund season.

Reactions: Sandee3
A couple of days ago, I went to the Aventura and Miami Gardens locations and they didn't have anything. Interestingly enough, the SA @ Miami Gardens SC kept saying that they had no clue when they'd be receiving an M3P -- but they are often just as lost as we are lol...

Honestly, I should reach out again since I have a VIN and my EDD is 05/30-06/05.
If you are on the same truck as mine it is supposed to be in SFL delivering on 5/27

Reactions: Lampras

If that's true, def feels like East Code/Midwest are getting the shaft

Anyone given any thought as to what is unique about the M3P that is so different from the LR that it would give the U.S. govt hemmorhoids? Is it really just the EPA figure? Can't be that, right... Why would that stop deliveries of cars already built?
It's already been stated here that the EPA number is used in the car software to display the range. They were waiting for that to update the software to then push to cars awaiting delivery.

Reactions: 12B4A
Anyone given any thought as to what is unique about the M3P that is so different from the LR that it would give the U.S. govt hemmorhoids? Is it really just the EPA figure? Can't be that, right... Why would that stop deliveries of cars already built?

Agreed - there's also a second wheel option on the Long Range that has the "(est.)" next to the stated range vs. "(EPA est.)" and they're selling that with no issues. Wondering if there's some issue that's not being disclosed that they're trying to fix with this firmware update and it's taking longer than expected?

Reactions: jose3030
IMG_0559.jpeg

Turns out they have a SG/W in the San Luis Obispo showroom. Got to check the seats and the overall car. Sure is a beauty.

I have had all the glass on my model 3 tinted (including the glass roof and rear glass) since 1 week after I picked my car up in December of 2018, and I live in southern california (inland, where its hot).

If there was some preponderance of proof that this is a thing I guarantee you 100000% It would be all over this website for the past 5 years. All you will find is a few people saying "I heard" or maybe a couple saying "my roof cracked could it be??"
There's just no way a thin film could cause glass to crack due to temperature. You can literally put boiling water in to a glass cup and it doesn't crack. Glass cups only crack when you wash it with cold water and instantly pour hot water in to them. I really don't think the glass is going to be higher than 135F.

My guess is that it has to do with the Monroney window sticker. Included on the sticker is a fuel economy and emissions figure that's provided by the EPA. Once on the sticker and in front of consumers, these figures cannot change without penalty. So Tesla would be liable without final EPA signoff if the EPA decides to change the eMPG before sign off. Might just be as simple as the M3P is a new platform and the EPA is dragging their feet

SFL bros - either of you have a preferred shop where you are getting your tints and/or PPF done when our M3Ps arrive?
Nope, I have never tinted nor used PPF on my car(s). If I had to, I would probably take it to My Tesla Miami.

I know I am definitely an outlier, but I am fine with my car being a fishbowl. Even when it is 98 F outside, I just drive with the window down and no A/C...