Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Myths

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This thread is about myth on their Tesla's. Not their friends' or stranger's Tesla's.

The thread title is "model 3 Myths", and the opening line from the OP says "People seem to think a lo of weird stuff about their Teslas that just is NOT true."

No idea where you got some strange idea that line is specifically talking about "people who own teslas" and not "people who say weird stuff about teslas... (which is what it says)".

I was chatting with a coworker and we both saw a Tesla and he started on a roll. One of his comments were that the batteries have to be replaced every few years and they cost a ton of money to maintain. He didn’t know I owned a Tesla and I didn’t have the heart to correct him. He’s so anti EV that he wouldn’t have listened to me anyway.

I get that one a LOT, and its one of the two main things that people who either dont understand, or are anti-ev turn to. its either:

1. The batteries have to be replaced every 5-6 years and that more than eats up any savings"

or

2. But those things only go about 200 miles on a charge? I drive across country every single day, constantly, and I never stop when I drive. I drive for 10 8 hours without stopping. Having an EV would mean I would have to stop every hour to charge on that trip, and I would spend more time charging than driving!"

(or some variation of that).

Tesla Says Its New Roof-Mounted Lightning Rod Instantly Charges Battery

Lightning.jpg

From chats with my petrolhead and/or self styled "old farts" (their words) friends.

1. I like to go 600 miles without stopping and I pee in a bottle so this isnt for me. And/OR charging takes forever

2. I'll never buy an EV because I can get an ICE for £3k and use it till it dies. AND/OR. you can buy a lot of petrol <insert price difference between a new Tesla old beater here>

3. Hydrogen is the future - or reason given, it just is.

4. When they see your car unplugged - Don't you need to have it plugged in <sitting on your drive> or it will run out of charge? Note: There is no polite way to explain that it doesent work like that...

5. Isn't the boot space taken up by the battery?

6. That's a £60k+ car...

I'm sure there are more