Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Mule Sightings

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe.

I'm more talking about his leg above the knee, being right below the screen, instead of the knee itself touching. Like, his seat is at it's highest point. Pictures of RC's have shown a much larger space in between.

Someone that rode with him that night posted on here that the guy was fairly tall. 6'4" or something like that. I'm wayyy too lazy to find that post.

Or he scooted his seat up to give more room to the test riders in the back?

Strange they picked someone that tall to drive at the reveal. Doesn't look to comfortable.Steering wheel looks very small in his hands too.

Reminds me of a commercial that ran during the first game World Series many years ago. It was Chuck Conners for a new model Dodge pick-up. He was talking out the driver's window about how big and roomy it was. To do it he had to bend over sideways and had his head on his chest. The group I was with were laughing their heads off. It ran again a few innings later and never again. I could imagine some Chrysler exec calling the network and screaming for the ad to be pulled. I would pay money to see it again but I bet it has been destroyed.

A non-reflective/matte car (like the alphas) which shows the lines clearly. As seen above, reflections cause people to see creases where there aren't any. And the horizon reflection also creates new lines on the front.

Yeah, if that picture of the white car doesn't satisfy you, I predict that even seeing cars in person you will be claiming "but your eyes could be playing tricks on you." The fact is that there isn't a picture of any of the newer cars that looks like the old nose. The old silver prototype wasn't matte. In the picture below there are plenty of reflections, just not the magic reflections that make creases appear to go a different way (the fact is that the reflections follow the body shape, so of course all the reflections on the new cars will follow the new curve):

Tesla-Gigafactory-Model-3-front-three-quarter.jpg

Can you really believe this is the same nose? There are about as few reflections in this picture as you are likely to see.
nose.png

Edit: Adding another picture of the silver prototype to show how the reflections on the old alpha's just never seemed to hide the crease the way they always seem to on the new RCs (hint, in both cars everything below the crease reflects the road, everything above it reflects the sky. The horizon reflection follows the crease, not the other way around):

nose2.png

Last edited:
Yeah, if that picture of the white car doesn't satisfy you, I predict that even seeing cars in person you will be claiming "but your eyes could be playing tricks on you." The fact is that there isn't a picture of any of the newer cars that looks like the old nose. The old silver prototype wasn't matte. In the picture below there are plenty of reflections, just not the magic reflections that make creases appear to go a different way (the fact is that the reflections follow the body shape, so of course all the reflections on the new cars will follow the new curve):

Tesla-Gigafactory-Model-3-front-three-quarter.jpg

Can you really believe this is the same nose? There are about as few reflections in this picture as you are likely to see.
View attachment 225504

Edit: Adding another picture of the silver prototype to show how the reflections on the old alpha's just never seemed to hide the crease the way they always seem to on the new RCs (hint, in both cars everything below the crease reflects the road, everything above it reflects the sky. The horizon reflection follows the crease, not the other way around):

View attachment 225515

@gregincal I agree with you 100000%. I've been posting pics and comparisons for about 20 pages of this thread. Unbelievers will just be unbelievers. They will probably be unbelievers when they actually get their cars in their garage and park the nose up against the garage wall so they won't have to admit it.

Status
Not open for further replies.