Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 - LR AWD Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m excited to finally test drive a M3 LR tomorrow! Still blows my mind that I’ve had a car on order for over 2 months that I haven’t even driven yet haha. I had a test drive schedule about a month ago but it was cancelled due to Tesla selling all of their vehicles.
I was in the same boat. Had 3 cancellations before I finally was able to drive one. It was bittersweet. Was nice to finally get an idea of what was to come, but makes the wait that much more painful lol

• Funny
Reactions: Hrjensen17
My delivery is suppose to occur in about 2 weeks. I was sent an email by a tesla SA (had no contact with this person prior to this) and was invited to a Teams meeting to go through the delivery process and answer any questions participants have.

1. the SA mentioned that some cars may be shipped to pick up location but place on hold due to parts shortages. The parts would be installed upon availability. He said that tesla didn’t want to delay production and shipment of the rest of the car.

2. Someone asked if the cars would have the 12V lithium ion battery and ryzen. SA said they should all come with ryzen but he didn’t know / didn’t think there would be the 12V lithium battery.

3. Someone asked if we would be getting the mobile charger, and he said if your delivery is in the next few weeks, they will. But he said that the cut off is not defined at the moment and that just because you ordered before apr 17 doesn’t necessarily mean you will get the mobile charger.

so….i thought all the cars now have 12V lithium, and i thought it was official that those who ordered before apr 17 would get the charge. This makes me think his information isn’t that credible. But he is a tesla SA.
Technically the low voltage lithium battery is 15V, but it should be tied with Ryzen.

The mobile connector issue was never “officially” resolved to the public. Just an internal memo and Tesla never holds dates true so I never took that as any sort of definitive proof either way. The current configurator for new orders still makes no mention of mobile connector not included nor does it give the option to add one like it had been said they would.

And SAs are not the bastion of information you think they would be. A lot of them don’t seem to know any more than we do.

My delivery is suppose to occur in about 2 weeks. I was sent an email by a tesla SA (had no contact with this person prior to this) and was invited to a Teams meeting to go through the delivery process and answer any questions participants have.

1. the SA mentioned that some cars may be shipped to pick up location but place on hold due to parts shortages. The parts would be installed upon availability. He said that tesla didn’t want to delay production and shipment of the rest of the car.

2. Someone asked if the cars would have the 12V lithium ion battery and ryzen. SA said they should all come with ryzen but he didn’t know / didn’t think there would be the 12V lithium battery.

3. Someone asked if we would be getting the mobile charger, and he said if your delivery is in the next few weeks, they will. But he said that the cut off is not defined at the moment and that just because you ordered before apr 17 doesn’t necessarily mean you will get the mobile charger.

so….i thought all the cars now have 12V lithium, and i thought it was official that those who ordered before apr 17 would get the charge. This makes me think his information isn’t that credible. But he is a tesla SA.
My guess is that the reason they removed the charger was due to shortages, not low utilization. I firmly believe this. That’s why they can’t comment if cars will have it beyond the next few weeks.

The transparency at Tesla is frustrating as well as the lack of information from SAs. Either they are told not to say anything, or they are left in the dark like the rest of us.

Also if the car has Ryzen, it should have the 12V lithium ion battery.

Are picking you at the Lawrence location in Toronto?

Just out of curiosity, what does the last six of Vin mean as far as features? I was under the impression they've all been coming with the updates since late Feb-Mar.
The six digits on the end of the VIN are just a sequence number. There's no information encoded in those digits. We give the first three digits of our vehicles to give a sense of approximate age of the vehicle. For example, if you were offered a 210XXX VIN, that would suggest that it's a vehicle that has been kicking around for a while.
I was told that the cutoff date was the 15th and any car ordered after that would ship without it.
From the "Field Engagement Alert" that was making the rounds recently:

"As of April 17, any new orders will need to purchase a charging solution at Tesla Shop".

As @E90alex points out, there doesn't seem to be any indication of this change in the order page.

My guess is that the reason they removed the charger was due to shortages, not low utilization. I firmly believe this. That’s why they can’t comment if cars will have it beyond the next few weeks.

The transparency at Tesla is frustrating as well as the lack of information from SAs. Either they are told not to say anything, or they are left in the dark like the rest of us.

Also if the car has Ryzen, it should have the 12V lithium ion battery.

Are picking you at the Lawrence location in Toronto?
Yes, will be picking up at Lawrence.

Reactions: Prime1000
Thanks for the advice. I ordered just 2 days after you (3/17) and my current EDD is 8/2-9/13
I feel your pain about needing a vehicle. I was naive and sold mine thinking it would be fine for 60ish days - no truck payment or insurance. Now driving my wife's escape and realizing daily how much I despise the vehicle. Slow. Ugly. Uncomfortable. Stereo sucks. I guess all of that will make delivery day an even more joyous event, but the suffering is real for now... first world problems, right?

For now I can be excited vicariously reading all these posts from folks who finally have their VINs assigned. I can only hope the trend of them REALLY cranking out cars near the end of a quarter means there's a chance my June EDD is accurate. If not, I'm guessing it'll fall back to August as the first month of a quarter is apparently for retooling & building up inventory

Reactions: markc2
Did anyone see the reddit post about those cars with VINs recently assigned? Looks like they might be delayed to due part shortages

Based on my analysis of the issue, it seems to be related to the VINs in the 230xxx range , which were manufactured close to 04/18th. Upon further exploration, it seems like the 230xxx VIN range vehicles are all RWDs (seeing 243xxx VINs for LRs). That means it has to do something with the LFP battery and an outdated charging port part and associated software.

Dont think the LR and P folks need to be worried just yet.

Objection hearsay. Objection speculation. (been watching too much of a certain trial these days) :)

Based on my analysis of the issue, it seems to be related to the VINs in the 230xxx range , which were manufactured close to 04/18th. Upon further exploration, it seems like the 230xxx VIN range vehicles are all RWDs (seeing 243xxx VINs for LRs). That means it has to do something with the LFP battery and an outdated charging port part and associated software.

Dont think the LR and P folks need to be worried just yet.

Objection hearsay. Objection speculation. (been watching too much of a certain trial these days) :)
I have a 238xxx VIN. LR 3.

My wall charger isn’t a Tesla one, so I wanted one that I can leave attached to it, and leave the other in the car.
Not being sure what the Mobile Connector Kit (for existing orders) situation would be, I also ordered another one of these, now my third one. One will go permanently on my non-Tesla EVSE, and one stays permanently installed on the EVSE that my father installed at his house so we could charge when we visit him (I didn't want to take a chance that I'd leave the one from the Mobile Kit at his house and need it on the road). The new one may get sold, if the Kit still comes with the M3LR I have on order, when it's delivered.

I emailed the SC and they said all cars ordered before 4/17 will have the mobile connector.
Not being sure what the Mobile Connector Kit (for existing orders) situation would be, I also ordered another one of these, now my third one. One will go permanently on my non-Tesla EVSE, and one stays permanently installed on the EVSE that my father installed at his house so we could charge when we visit him (I didn't want to take a chance that I'd leave the one from the Mobile Kit at his house and need it on the road). The new one may get sold, if the Kit still comes with the M3LR I have on order, when it's delivered.

I have an LR and have 236. Tho I saw someone on Reddit saying the source code vin might not be the most reliable. didn’t see anything concrete about delays but my edd has been moving back steadily by one day since the vin lol. Apparently having a vin means the car is built and exists somewhere but who really knows… Imma name this car the SCHRODINGER vehicle!!
And your delivery shouldnt have gotten delayed. Or did it?

Plus you are closer to 243xxx than 230xxx