Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Long Range - problem with PSI on tires?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My PSI on my tires always seem too high, like 49 PSI today. I don't know if this is good or bad.

I am wondering if there is something wrong with my sensors or tires?

Please help. Like today in Southern California, my 4 tires read 49, 47, 47, 43 Psi.

My PSI on my tires always seem too high, like 49 PSI today. I don't know if this is good or bad.

Please help. Like today in Southern California, my 4 tires read 49, 47, 47, 43 Psi.

This sounds like you are measuring the tires after you are driving, which is not what you are supposed to be basing tire pressure on. Measure them cold, and set them to what the door jam specifies (or slightly lower if you prefer).

Reactions: nimbuzz

Nothing wrong with the tires… The problem is the person who’s putting air in the tires.

There’s a sticker on the driver’s door jamb that displays recommended tire pressures. If you don’t know how to adjust tire pressures to match that’s sad, but just stop at any tire store and they can fix you up.

I run 38 PSI cold, which is below Tesla’s recommendation, but improves ride quality.