Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire pressure hasn’t changed in 10 months!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
my model 3 was delivered new in December last year. In all that time the tire pressure hasn’t dropped to a level that requires reinflation. The numbers fluctuate slightly but never lower than 41 psi each tire. I have done nearly 20k miles in this time.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I placing to much faith in the tire display on screen?

I’ve noticed no change in driving quality and tire look fine.

I've had 3 cars, (including the Tesla Y), and a pickup that lost air, slowly their whole life, before and after replacing the tires, sometimes with the same brand and model, sometimes not. The other 35 or so never lost air, the pressure varied with temperature, but always returned to the base, even after replacing the tires. I suspect the culprit may be the wheel, because I can't think of any other common factor?

I have had the same issue with bicycles - none of them leaked unless there was a nail or sand burr, except for 2 new ones that I bought together and the dealer assured me, "Oh, they all do that."

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
This is about the time of year that people get low tire pressure warnings because of cold overnight weather temperatures.

Good idea to check your pressures and air up to the recommended pressure to avoid such warnings.

A tire that is a few pounds low may trigger a warning if you get a cold snap.

my model 3 was delivered new in December last year. In all that time the tire pressure hasn’t dropped to a level that requires reinflation. The numbers fluctuate slightly but never lower than 41 psi each tire. I have done nearly 20k miles in this time.

Am I doing something wrong? Am I placing to much faith in the tire display on screen?

I’ve noticed no change in driving quality and tire look fine.
They may have filled your tires with nitrogen, I understand nitrogen molecules are larger and tires are less likely to loose pressure, it also handles temperature change better. A few tire stores in the U.S. use it.

Most airlines put nitrogen in their aircraft tires.

They may have filled your tires with nitrogen, I understand nitrogen molecules are larger and tires are less likely to loose pressure, it also handles temperature change better. A few tire stores in the U.S. use it.

Most airlines put nitrogen in their aircraft tires.

Which is only 22% better than air, however...

Nitrogen inhibits corrosion and tire degradation.

You loose about 1psi for every 10 deg F temp drop.