Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model 3 Highland White interior (US) waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Range on performance is only 296 :( I considered switching because the price is pretty close to long range after the tax credit, but the range feels like a deal breaker for me. But I'm excited for folks who choose the performance model!!!

Also, It's annoying that the performance model has an earlier delivery estimate, but it's probably also a lie just like "Jan-Feb"😭

Range on performance is only 296 :( I considered switching because the price is pretty close to long range after the tax credit, but the range feels like a deal breaker for me. But I'm excited for folks who choose the performance model!!!

Also, It's annoying that the performance model has an earlier delivery estimate, but it's probably also a lie just like "Jan-Feb"😭
Not surprising for the range, the wheels are even bigger than Novas !

Something weird is going on. My lease has been "completed" since early March but starting Sunday it now says "terms are being updated, vehicle price changed" which is news to me. I asked in the app and the guy literally said "maybe the sales tax has changed?" he literally had a question mark in his reply. I have no idea what this status means it is so incredibly frustrating.
Apparently interest rates have changed (for some of us) since our original order. My financing expired anyway and my SA told me yesterday they are “reshopping the terms”. It appears to be noticeably in my favor based on the website pricing for the exact same spec on a new order.

Apparently interest rates have changed (for some of us) since our original order. My financing expired anyway and my SA told me yesterday they are “reshopping the terms”. It appears to be noticeably in my favor based on the website pricing for the exact same spec on a new order.
Someone in the main US waiting thread said they are rolling out a new, more favorable lease deal, so I am trying to be optimistic that this is what's happening and will be to my benefit. Sounds in line with the changes you are describing. This is another area where a modicum of communication would greatly benefit customer experience.

ugh! this what i didn’t want to hear about the ride from the 20s. i’m in cali so no real winters here.
I’m sure it will be OK. But personally I much rather prefer 18 tires due to comfort for longer drives. However seeing how they added “adaptive suspension” now , I wonder if putting 18” or 19” on this performance would result in even better ride hmmmm.

Oh well.

I’m sure it will be OK. But personally I much rather prefer 18 tires due to comfort for longer drives. However seeing how they added “adaptive suspension” now , I wonder if putting 18” or 19” on this performance would result in even better ride hmmmm.

Oh well.
Yeah I live in the northeast with cold and potholes so the lower range and bigger rims could be a problem....but its literally cheaper than the LR...

Reactions: LobsterLover
Wow. Bold.
lol I’m sick of waiting for Tesla to get its sh!t together. For other instances I’d feel bad about “gaming” the system like this but with these delays and lack of communication I don’t feel bad. Losing $250 is really not a big deal. And what’s sad is I could legitimately see Tesla somehow delivering the performance before my LR because it would make the least sense and it’d be the perfect bow on top of this awful ordering experience.

lol I’m sick of waiting for Tesla to get its sh!t together. For other instances I’d feel bad about “gaming” the system like this but with these delays and lack of communication I don’t feel bad. Losing $250 is really not a big deal. And what’s sad is I could legitimately see Tesla somehow delivering the performance before my LR because it would make the least sense and it’d be the perfect bow on top of this awful ordering experience.
Yeah if I knew when my car was coming the performance wouldn't be as enticing.....are larger rims that much worse on bad roads?

Reactions: LobsterLover
Thing is - these are also “staggered” wheels. In other words the back tires are wider. So you can’t just rotate front to back.

That , the performance aspect of it and you’re looking at a very nice $2000 a year or more tires expense…

So that is something to be prepared for, for sure.

Is it nice ? On sunny beautiful days on good roads I’m sure it’s nice.

Thing is - these are also “staggered” wheels. In other words the back tires are wider. So you can’t just rotate front to back.

That , the performance aspect of it and you’re looking at a very nice $2000 a year or more tires expense…

So that is something to be prepared for, for sure.

Is it nice ? On sunny beautiful days on good roads I’m sure it’s nice.
Thanks im trying to convince myself not to switch. If it wasnt cheaper and had a May EDD I wouldn't even be considering it. Are you staying with the LR?

Thanks im trying to convince myself not to switch. If it wasnt cheaper and had a May EDD I wouldn't even be considering it. Are you staying with the LR?
Yeah. I live in a state where we get a lot of snow from November to March and those wheels and tires outshadow the performance aspects. I would have to spend another $2k on all season tires and wheels package and switch them up….

Not sure if that tax credit is point of sale ? If not then for me that would be like $10k more expensive right out of the gate. Lol

I asked Tesla if they'd let me change my order (which includes FSD transfer) to a Performance configuration. One agent online "hung up" on me, just ended the chat. Called and spoke with someone locally who didn't know and said they'd research and get back with me.
But will be curious for others in this boat (with FSD transfer on current order) get any information on switching to Performance and keeping FSD Transfer.
Fully expecting Tesla will say no, but worth checking. I'll have some tradeoffs to do based on what they say.

Yeah. I live in a state where we get a lot of snow from November to March and those wheels and tires outshadow the performance aspects. I would have to spend another $2k on all season tires and wheels package and switch them up….

Not sure if that tax credit is point of sale ? If not then for me that would be like $10k more expensive right out of the gate. Lol
It is a point of sale credit

I asked Tesla if they'd let me change my order (which includes FSD transfer) to a Performance configuration. One agent online "hung up" on me, just ended the chat. Called and spoke with someone locally who didn't know and said they'd research and get back with me.
But will be curious for others in this boat (with FSD transfer on current order) get any information on switching to Performance and keeping FSD Transfer.
Fully expecting Tesla will say no, but worth checking. I'll have some tradeoffs to do based on what they say.
I’m in the same situation as you. I called Tesla to see if is possible to switch to performance and keep FSD transfer. The agent said she will check with upper management and email me back. If they don’t let me transfer, then I’ll keep the long range.